Friday, May 30, 2008

Love this new set by Rupa!


I guess anybody can tell I'm a big fan of about all the stamps from GinaK Designs by now, lol. I guess I ought to branch out some!

This old time sewing machine sure brought back memories so had to be the first stamp I inked up from my recent order from GinaK. I can remember my Mom using one just like this, hers even had the foot pedal. I wore many clothes made on a machine like this and one year, I remember getting a 'store bought' easter dress and thought I was something special in it, lol. NOW I so appreciate all my Mom went through to make those easter dresses, and how talented she was on the sewing machine...(which I inherited NONE of her sewing machine talent, first time I tried to use one, sewed my finger! LOL! and never have tried again.)

I was undecided whether to add some little white dots around the scalloped purple edge, what do you think? Anyways, details of the card below.

Details:
Stamps: Many Happy Returns by Rupa from GinaK Designs
Cardstock: white is GP from wal-mart, purple and green from Michael's and DP from Michaels also
Inks: stampabilites black dye ink.
Accessories: copic markers and spica glitter pen (which is the silver on the sewing machine), embroidery thread, piercing tool, circle scalloped nesties, plastic canvas circle template (thanks Melanie!) button brads from GinaK Designs

3 comments:

Kelli C. said...

Oh, this is so cute!

Pamela Smerker said...

I love this!! Great use of all of the patterned paper to make it look like you were working on a quilt. LOVE IT

Donna Baker said...

what a great card! love your dp, reminds me of a quilt

Blog Archive