Sunday, October 26, 2008

A prayer request to lift a family up...

I just wanted to make a quick post this Sunday AM. Melanie posted on her blog about a family that is going through the final days of their son's battle with brain cancer. You can read his story HERE . I ask for prayer more so for the family, but also for Marcus, even though from reading, I sincerely believe he is strong in his faith and will be a soldier for God when he gets to Heaven, my prayer would be for him to go quietly and peacefully and not for it to drag out. To some I know this my not sound right, but when it gets to this point, you have to not be selfish, wanting them to remain her with you....I went through that with my Mom, and I feel so strongly about this....Soooo the main thing to me, is to lift this family up in prayer! Also, Melanie has posted on her blog their address to send cards, if you so would like. You can find the address on Mel's post HERE .

Thanks for stopping by and I'll be back later with a card or two!
--CAT

4 comments:

Jennie said...

Thanks for the heads up...I will head over and get the latest update. We went through this a year ago with my MIL who had cancer, just a terrible disease.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the information, Cat! I know they appreciate your loving prayers. I will go catch up Melanie's post now.

Shirley said...

Thanks for the reminder! I have been thinking of him and his family too!

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

Thanks for posting this. It's so hard to think of their suffering, but it helps a little to think we can ease it, if only for a moment. Hugs, mel

Blog Archive