Saturday, October 11, 2008

Quick simple card


This is another card I made and showed during the last release party of Gina K Designs and had forgotten to upload it here. I actually like this card, was so quick and easy! Which I think the stamps help that abit, lol! This is the 'free with 3' set, called Winter Foliage. I used my circle nestie to just emboss on the white cardstock and then stamped the images from the set in the corner of the circle (circles have corners?? ha!) Just did a bit of masking with the pine cone is all, added a bit of white and glitter to it. The red inside of the circle is that metallic rub paste in the holiday colors...I LOVE that stuff! I can't sponge worth a darn, but I can RUB! LOL! I think it adds alot to it, the red rub paste. Ok, thats about it! I have been making cards, just a few I cant show yet...AND have had grandbaby here....his new saying now is 'lubbermor'. He tells me this when I tell him 'I love you'. I do think he means, I love YOU more, lol! But its much cuter this way!

Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend! Its quite an adjustment for us, DH having 3 days off in a row, lol! We dont know what to do being around each other so long of a time, hahaha! Lots of things we didnt realize or really think about, how different it would be. When he was working here with the city, he could come by the house anytime, (the whole town is only like 2 miles wide, lol) came home for lunch, got here by 5:05pm after getting off work at 5pm...but now, has traffic to deal with...its a mad house coming out of the army depot. Everybody in town knows not to try to get out during that time and he is having to take his lunch and anything else he thinks he might need during the day because he doesnt have the time to come by here...also waste of gas to since WE are paying for that gas now, haha! (so glad to see our gas prices dropped to under 3.00 yesterday!)

Ok, thats all for now! We going to look at new cars this evening...I'm leaning toward a Malibu...spied me a pretty midnight blue one and I want to go see exactly how much we looking at....byeeeeee

Card Details:
Stamps: Winter Foliage from Gina K Designs
Papers: SU! cardstock
Accessories: circle nesties, brads, glitter, white gel pen, ribbon and metallic rub paste also from Gina K Designs

11 comments:

Teresa Brooks said...

Such a beautiful card...I love it.

mudmaven said...

Cat this is gorgeous! Wonderful job! ~chris

Theresa Momber said...

I love this card, Cat. The depth on that pine cone is amazing!

Lee said...

Yes I LOVED this amazingly elegant and frosty card!!!! Soooo........didja get your new car??? ;)

Unknown said...

This is one of my favorite cards with this set - I LOVE your pinecone... it's so sparkly!!

Thanks for sharing it with us again - you are an amazing artist, Cathy!

Shirley said...

Wow, Cat. That center cone just jumps right off the page and everything just is so cheerful. Love your brads too!

Unknown said...

Gawjus! Is that a word? I LOVE that pine cone, and you showcased it so well on this card! Simply beautiful!

Jennie said...

Love the sparkle on the pinecone! This is a pretty Christmas card!

Melanie said...

love the gold on your pinecone and how you little winter sprig overlaps the embossed circle, great design!!!
lubbermore, hee hee!!! :)

Melanie said...

PS under $3?! wow!!

Rhonda Tenderholt said...

Love it!

Blog Archive