Monday, October 6, 2008

Whew, finally!

Well, DH hogged the puter allll weekend...now, he NEVER gets on my puter...doesnt even know how to work one, until now! This new job had him take about 15 online safety classes and instead of him sitting in their office anymore, he asked if he could do at home soooo, all this weekend he finished them up, with me telling him what to click and where, lol. He better get used to it, cause that is how this company has their employees enter their time, via their program on the puter. I get so tickled at him though...I just have a desk top puter and he goes "I'm running out of room here..." I said 'what??' He said, "the little mouse thang...your desk isnt big enough, I'm going off the edge." I said (trying not to laugh) 'just lift it up and move it back closer to you.' Thats only one example...lol. ANYways, didnt have much time on the puter this weekend to do much commenting or posting is my whole point to all this, LOL!

I do have a card I want to post, one that I showed at the Gina K release party Thursday night:

I made this using Rupa's new set called "The Magic of Christmas". It's a beautiful set, love the images in this set! Fun to color OR you can emboss with gold and silver and they would look beautiful like that too. For my card, I wanted a 'country' feel to it, so I used a piece of Christmas checkered material as a DP for part of it. The other piece of DP is from a stack I bought at HL. The green ribbon is some more of the wonderful ribbon Gina K is now carrying too. The lighting is a bit wonky on this one, I was trying to get the gold in the ribbon to show and the gold on my card edges too. I used my gold leafing pen to do that. I hand-stitched (I SEW, pun intended, NEED a sewing machine!!) around the material part too.

Anyways, thats about it for now! If I dont post for a few days, it's because I MIGHT go to my daughter's house to help with grandbaby...something or other going on with her regular babysitter for a few days and she said something about needing help...sooo if I dont, thats why. Just thought I'd let anybody know that might be interested, lol. I was going to get some blog posts set up, but thought I better get house straight before I MIGHT have to go, lol!

Thanks for stopping by and hope you have a wonderful Monday!



Card Details:
Stamps: The Magic of Christmas from Gina K Designs
Papers: SU! cardstock, DP is cloth and a paper stack from HL
Accessories: rectangle nesties, gold leaf pen, gold rhinestones, ribbon from Gina K, decorative edge scissors, pop dots, copic markers, koh-i-noor pencils with OMS.

13 comments:

mudmaven said...

This is so gorgeous! Love how the fabric and that wonderful ribbon really puts it over the top. ~chris

Teresa Brooks said...

Love love love this card. Great Job.

Lee said...

Too funny about your dh!!! I so love this card......the gold bling just POPS.....and I loves me some bling!! LOL Don't be gone for long........you'll be missed!!!

Joanne said...

This is such a pretty card! I love that beautiful ribbon and your embellishments on the tree look awesome!

Jennie said...

My husband is the same when it comes to computers. I have to stay nearby to walk him through what to "click" :o)

This card is beautiful. I like the piece of material for the background. It adds a nice touch! Enjoy the time with your grandbaby.

Theresa Momber said...

Cat, I can't wait to get my hands on this set and your card is only making it worse. Wowzers, girl, this one is awesome!!! I can't believe you were able to achieve a country look with that stylized stamp, but you did it. Great work.

Janine said...

This is just LOVELY!!!!!

SusanBluerobot said...

wonderful card love the colours

Melanie said...

wowee that leafing pen is amazing, I must have!! Love your tiered trees, perfect coloring!

Missy said...

i tell ya girl, no one makes cards like you do. Your truly gifted and omg that scarecrow fence? masterpiece..you must design me some stuff!!

Nancy said...

Very pretty card, and such a cute stamp set!

Donna Baker said...

your card is beautiful! love the fabric/dp and stitching. the two-toned trees are pretty & all the gold just wonderful!

Shirley said...

Very rich colors and the fabrick and EP are perfect behind your wonderful trees. Your embellishment on the middle one is just perfect and your frame is so creative too!

Blog Archive