Sunday, November 9, 2008

I wanna be a Cowboy baby!!

Wellll, even though the Dallas Cowboys arent doing too well this year so far...my nephew Conner is still a huge fan of theirs. Remember THIS picture of him? Well this card is for him. I am sad to say though, my grandbaby saw this card on the table and said "FOOBALL!!" and grabbed it and left a few spots on it...I tried to cover it up with some shading on the hoodie, but you can still see some. Hopefully Conner wont mind though, lol. Here's the card:



And you can laugh at my hand drawn football, I did! But I guess it's not too bad if my 2 yr.old grandbaby recognized it AS a football! LOL! I made this using Mel's Just So Sporty set from Gina K Designs. (And word is out that the new release on Nov. 13th, Mel is coming out with a NEW set that will coordinate with this set and Little Tees! Can't Wait!!) I stamped the hoodied on blue cardstock and used my JustRite Stamper to do the words 'cowboys'. The little star is in the set also. I then paper pieced on the sleeves and hood part with just white cardstock, but then colored the grey in with copic marker. I drew the 'play diagram'....don't know if its correct or not, haha! That is about it!

We finally received our first paycheck from DH's new job...YAY! Now have to play catch up a bit, not too bad though, just having to put my stamping purchases on hold a bit...and with certain new releases coming up..its gonna kill me! LOL! That's alright...Ima gonna enter every contest there is to enter and challenge and maybe I get lucky and win some new rubbah! I NEED to smell some new rubbah!! haha! It's addictive isn't it?? But even if I dont, I'll be able to catch up next month for sure in my rubber obcession! Give myself an early Christmas for sure! LOL!

Thanks for stopping by and hope you are having a wonderful lazy Sunday!
--CAT
Card Details:
Stamps: Just So Sporty from Gina K Designs, alphabet stamps from some little wood set I've had forever..bought at HL's.
Papers; SU! cardstock, dp from HL
Accessories: black twine, copic markers, koh-i-noor pencil and OMS, brads, pop dots, corner photo punch.

12 comments:

Carolyn King said...

that is FANTASTIC Cat! The ultimate dallas fan card! GREAT job (Esp on the handdrawn part!)

Theresa Momber said...

Cat, this is so, so awesome! I love your hand drawn football!

Lee said...

LOVE it!!! I wish I could draw......you do NOT want to see that however!!! LOL I've always loved the Cowboy ever since my Grandpa told me he did!!! LOL

Donna Baker said...

OH MY! this is FANTASTIC, Cat! I have to CASE it for my cousin who is also a cowboy fan! I love your football - great job!

wendyp said...

How COOL!!! DH is a big cowboys fan, so this popped right out when I saw it in the gallery. Love how you created the playbook even...COOL!

Unknown said...

I LOVE IT! And Conner will too! Fabulous job!

Joan Fricker said...

This is so cute! Great job!
Joan

Jennie said...

Love the layout of this! You did a great job and love the way you did the football.

Janine said...

Cat!! I love this! What a great card!

The Rubber Maid said...

A Cowboy's fan...that's Julie's husband Ken's favorite team...win or lose. Awesome card and if you have smudges that's ok as football players are not always clean guys. Love your card. Pat

Rhonda Langley said...

What a great card!! My DH is a HUGE cowboy fan!! He will be so jealous!!! I did find some Dallas Cowboy grosgrain on ebay-maybe I need to try to make a card with it! Your football is wonderful!

Shirley said...

How cute and precious too!...and it really does look like a football too! So there! I can see why he loved it!

Blog Archive