Thursday, November 27, 2008

Stamp Simply Challenge, Express Thanks!

Hi all! Happy Friday and welcome to another Stamp Simply Challenge from Sharon (and if you read my previous post, you would know that Sharon is having a special celebration starting Monday Dec.1st! with lots of prizes, games and inspiration!)

This week's challenge is a super simple one! We were to make a card expressing thanks...no other rules, thats it! Here is my card:



I love coffee, all flavors! And so do lots of my friends, so this card came together really quick for me. This is the new stamp set from Gina K Designs called 'My Cuppa' Joe' from the last release, such fun images in this set! I also used my new label one dies that I just got at Stamper's Dream. I was so tickled to see that Michelle had got them in so had to get them...I am thinking she might be sold out right now of them...these things going like hotcakes! I can understand why, I love them too! LOL! I colored the images with koh-i-noor pencils and OMS and did a bit of sponging ( I think I getting a BIT better at it, lol) and that's about it! Simple, fun and going to a good friend of mine.

Now, go and check out the wonderful Stamp Simply DT gals! (some may not be up as early as mine, but they will be there by tomorrow!) Here are the links below:


Sharon Johnson
Julie Koerber
Dee Jackson
Jennifer Buck
Janine Orchard
Becky Oehlers
AJ Otto
Tammy Hershberger

Ok, that's it for now! And dont forget on Monday the 'Stamp Simply Celebrates!' celebrations begins!! Have a wonderful Black Friday...I plan on doing a bit of shopping myself...braving the crowd, lol!

ETA: It just dawned on me this am that this is my last week as guest designer for Sharon...I have so thoroughly enjoyed working with Sharon and her wonderful DT! They are the most encouraging and awesomely talented team! Thanks ya'll for letting me play with you this month! I will be participating in the Stamp Simply Celebrates stuffs though, so I'll be around a bit longer, lol!)

--CAT
Card Details
Stamps: My Cuppa' Joe from Gina K Designs, distressed dots bg stamp from Unity Stamp Co
Papers: PTI cardstock
Accessories: circle nesties, koh-i-noor pencils with OMS, tag die, brads, ribbon from PTI, pop dots.

15 comments:

Lee said...

Well what's NOT to be thankful for about this delightful confection??!!! LOL Pink and brown and distressed dots and coffee..........YUM!!

Janine said...

This is fabulous CAt!!! Hope you have a wonderful weekend.

LeAnne said...

So cute! Love the colors
LeAnne

Tammy Hershberger said...

:( Sorry to see your time is up so soon, Cat! It's been fun to get to know you, and work with you! Your card is adorable! I must have been in a cave lately as I did not see this new set from Gina! LOVE the circle-sentiment!

Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving, and enjoy the long weekend!

P.S. I'll add you to my regular blog roll now that you're done with Stamp Simply, if you add me to yours! :)

Deborah Saaranen said...

This is sooo cute! Love your colors and beautiful sponging!

Jennifer Buck said...

It's been so much fun working with you! You are such a talent! This is adorable! I LOVE the colors and this stamp is adorable! :)

Julie Koerber said...

My goodness Cat, where did the time go? Can a month pass by that quickly!?!?! It doesn't seem fair!! LOL! I love your coffee card and now that I know where to find you -- don't think you got rid of me that easily!! :-)

Anonymous said...

CAT!!! This coloring is rockstar! AMAZING! This card is great!

Melanie said...

it just dawned on ME that I don't think I ever conrgratulated you on your guestspot with Stamp Simply! How lucky they were to have your talent! :)

Shirley said...

I still can't get over how cute your grandson is. This card is just so pretty and elegant too! I love the medallion and the color scheme too! Great great card.

Theresa Momber said...

Beyond gorgeous, Cat! Love the colors and beautiful design!!!

Joanne said...

This card is so fabulous! It's one of my favorites... Great job.

Donna Baker said...

fabulous card, Cat! great sponging - you did a great job as Sharon's guest designer!!

jjcreations said...

Great card - gotta love coffee. Love the colours too.

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

CAT -- I LOVE this coffee card -- it is truly adorable!!! And it was SO NICE to have you with us for the month -- gosh that month went by quickly!!! Hoping all is going well with your little grandbaby - praying for you all!!!

Blog Archive