Thursday, November 6, 2008

Stamping Simply!

Helloooo! And Happy Friday to you all! Last month, I was tickled to death to receive an email from Sharon Johnson, informing me that my name had been drawn to be the guest designer for her Stamp Simply Challenges for this month! I have always loved Sharon's challenges, and have long admired the work of the Stamp Simply DT and now here I am part of THAT! Thank you Sharon!

For this weeks challenge, Sharon called it 'Back to Nature'. We were to go outside, find whatever we wanted to use to put on our card. What fun was this! Here is what I came up with:



Can you see them? I used the scales from a Pinecone! Awhile back, I made these little pinecone reindeer into pins for my church to sell at the bazaar they were having...they were a big hit them. Only thing different I did was use felt for the antlers instead of what I did here. Here is a close up of one of the reindeer:



All I did was paint the eyes on the pinecone scale, used my Martha Stewart fern punch to make the 'antlers'! Got a rack on them reindeer going on there huh?! LOL! I did use a finger nail file to sand the pokey part of the noses and to where the rhinestone would be sure and stick. The rest is mainly just all slapped on the card, was really a quick card...what took the longest was waiting for the glue to dry! LOL! Now, go and look at the wonderful creations of the Stamp Simply DT! Here are the links below!

Sharon Johnson
Julie Koerber
Dee Jackson
Jennifer Buck
Janine Orchard
Becky Oehlers
AJ Otto


Thanks for stopping by and I'll be back nest Friday too with another of Sharon's wonderful challenges! TGIF!!
--CAT

Card Details:
Stamps: sentiment 'joy' from Gina K Designs
Papers: SU! cardstock, dp from HL
Accessories: CB embossing folders, hodgepodge hardware, oval nesties, pinecone scales, acrylic paint, red rhinestones, green ribbon, pop dots, glue, corner rounder punch, MS fern punch.

23 comments:

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

Oh my gosh, CAT!!! My mouth is hanging on the floor -- I can not believe how CUTE these are -- just adorable!!! You are too, too clever!!! LOVE this unique card -- way to go!!!

AJ said...

ADORABLE!! GREAT idea! how cute!!
:)

Theresa Momber said...

Holy Moly, Cat!!! That is awesome! You so rocked this challenge. Way to go. Love this idea.

mudmaven said...

WOWZA Cat this is a great card! What a wonderful idea! Again, I am totally in awe of your genius! ~chris

Julie Koerber said...

BRILLIANT! Completely and utterly brilliant! I am in awe! Speechless in fact! What an awesome card!! WELCOME to the team-- I can tell right away that you are going to be a huge inspiration!

Julie Koerber said...

BRILLIANT! Completely and utterly brilliant! I am in awe! Speechless in fact! What an awesome card!! WELCOME to the team-- I can tell right away that you are going to be a huge inspiration!

Lastel said...

Now that is downright awesome , how creative , love it !

Joan Fricker said...

Oh my goodness, this is just too cute. You are so creative! Great job!

Joan

Janine said...

There are fabulous Cat!!!
HAve a great weekend.

Jennifer Buck said...

This is one of the cutest ideas ever! I LOVE this Cat! :)

The Rubber Maid said...

How cute that is, I love it and will probably have to do the old
copycat on it. Welcome to you to a wonderful team of stampers. Pat
( Julie's Mom )

Darlene said...

OMGosh ... these are PERFECT for the reindeer! How CLEVER of you!! LOVE this card ... what can I say ... absolutely ADORABLE!!!!!

Unknown said...

Girl, that is simply adorable! Genius I tell ya, sheer genius! :-)

Sharri said...

Awesome! You are so creative! I love those reindeer!

Carole Bryson said...

Awwww Cat - i just adore these reindeer, of course i'm going to have to try and find some pine cones now and have a go - they're fabby !!!

Annapurna said...

Wow Cat! You outdid yourself with these reindeer. Awesome creativity. And they look so real. Bravo.

Elena said...

What a fabulous idea! I love this cutest reindeers! Very unique!

Linsey R said...

Oh my word, gf--this is the most creative and adorable Christmas card evah!!! Your pinecone reindeer with their hardware are the cutest things and simply put, that is genius!!! I'm always in love with your creations, Cat-but this one is truly special--I adore every last detail! You are amazing and I'm so very inspired by you! CONGRATS on your designer spot with Sharon's team--oviously deserved and way worthy you are! I really need to get back to doing her challenges-haven't in forever. tfs, buddy-have a wonderful day! :) xoxo

Tammy Hershberger said...

Oh my holy cow, that is so stinkin' clever!!! Now Sharon has a use for all her pinecones! That is the sweetest card, Cat! Great job, and welcome again to our team! It's great to have you with us this month!

Dawnie said...

This is absolutely the most creative use of nature in a project that I have ever seen!

Donna Baker said...

HOW FUN!!!

Rhonda Tenderholt said...

I love this idea! Thanks for sharing.

How do you mail it without damaging the envelope or antlers?

Shirley said...

Too darn cute! How creative! I love every inch of this card! Wow! It is just so wonderful!

Blog Archive