Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Cheers! and a RAK!

Happy Wednesday to all! The week is half way done, yay! Well, actually, this is the down swing for my DH, he works the 4/10 days. Only nice thing about that is the 3 days off he gets! Which this weekend, we MIGHT be going somewhere...havent decided completely yet...Anyways...on to the good stuff! or sorta...haha!

This card took me 2 days fiddling with it. This is actually about the 3rd attempt at making it, lol! I finally said, that's it, I am gonna finish this and get it to the point its presentable of pass out trying, haha! Here it is:


This is Melanie's new set from Gina K Designs called 'A Charmed Life'. It is such a neat set! It has all these little charms you can put on the wine glass...and I was attempting to copy some frosted wine glasses that I have with this card, lol! It didnt quite turn out how I envisioned though, but I do think this is passable now! The wine glass is stamped on vellum with StazOn ink and I also stamped the little plastic tag from Gina K with StazOn ink too and went around the edge of it with a gold leaf pen to give it a bit of bling. To make the 'wine' in the glass, I stamped onto real red SU! card stock and did a bit of shading with black and attached that to the backside of the vellum..then took my white pencil to add some highlights in the 'wine'. I actually think this is the best part of the whole thing, how the 'wine' looks, lol! I won't go into alll the detail of what gave me fits...I just think it was a bad stamping day really where nothing would turn out, haha!

BUT I did get some happy mail Monday! I got this gorgeous RAK from Chris/mudmaven!



How sweet is this??? And the inside is all decorated too with such a sweet note to me! Thanks soo much Chris! This really made my whole week! It still gets to me at times about Freckles, but it is getting better! And getting cards from friends that understand like this, makes it even better! sooo thank you Chris!

I have had a kitty trying to be my friend lately, lol. I think somebody has just dropped him off...I kept noticing a cat running up under our house when we would come home from somewhere, he's a full grown cat, really healthy looking actually...but I wouldnt let DH block it off because I was afraid it was a mama kitty at the time and might have had kittens under there. Well the other day I finally succeeded in getting him to come to me. I can say HIM now because I checked, lol! He is super friendly, loves to be petted, he is a bit skiddish still, but wont leave me alone if I am out in the yard by myself, but DH comes out and he runs off, lol. Here is a pic I was able to get of him...it was a job too, he kept rubbing up on the camera about the same time I'd go to snap the picture and all i would have would be a black blur, lol.



He finally calmed down and sat down for me to get this one. I do believe he belonged to somebody because the area around his neck looks like he used to have a collar one, you know, how the hair gets kinda rubbed down looking? Like that. So I wanted to get a picture and show it around and maybe find its owner. Anyways, he's not going hungry, lol.

Ok thats all for today! I got a bunch of swaps I want to share, and hope to get those uploaded over the next couple of days! Hope you are having a wonderfully creative week!
--CAT
Card Details:
Stamps: A Charmed Life from Gina K Designs
Papers: SU! card stock, Basic Grey DP, eva
Accessories: vellum, brads, oval nesties, pop dots, plastic tag, ribbon, crimper, jump ring.

9 comments:

mudmaven said...

I love the crimped circle behind the wineglass - too cool! Glad my card could help get you through this difficult time. How kind of you to take care of this kitty! He's a cutie. ~chris

Carolina said...

Wow your wine card is just precious!!! Love the way the card came together...beautiful work! Hope you have a great day - hugs & smiles!

StampinCathy said...

Wow your card is amazing. I love the coloring and details. Another amazing card. Your MOJO is on fire!! It's nice to get pretty cards like this in your mailbox.

Linsey R said...

Oh, he's a cutie pie and i'm sure he's not goin' hungry at all, hehe (even if he does belong to someone else) :) Your RAK card is super sweet, what a thoughtful friend and I'm sorry about your little freckles. xoxo Now for your card--omgosh!! It's outstanding in every way possible, so I cant figure out why you fussed w/it for so long! Dontcha know that anything those talented hands of yours creates is a masterpiece!?! My goodness, I would happily take any one of your "rejects" any day of the week and twice on Sunday!! tfs your stuff today, hugs!

Theresa Momber said...

I second what Linsey said. Your card totally rocks. That's one sweet kitty!

Brenda said...

Cat your card is fantastic!!! sorry it took all the fiddling, but it is came out prefect. TFS That is one cute cat.

Lee said...

Gorgeous card Cat!!!! I love the crimping!!! Ohhh what a cuuuute kitty!!!! He's adopted you for a reason......you're so sweet!!!

Tiya-B said...

I LOVE the charmed wine glass card, its fantastic, love the colors, the striped background and the see through over the crimped oval.

Jennie said...

Fantastic card! Love the vellum glass and the way you did the ribbon. The charm is just perfect too!

Blog Archive