Thursday, June 4, 2009

It's later!

I know I said I would post a card 'later' and technically, it is! LOL! It is just wearing me out keeping Blake (grandwildchild) this week! I have not got a thing done card making wise...I have like about 4 projects started and havent completed a single one. I get distracted and then have an idea I want to do and start it and get distracted again, lol! BUT I do have some cards that I posted at the Gina K release party...and first up that I am posting today is my favorite I did:


This uses Melanie's newest set 'Sporty Accessories' and is just so much fun! As usual, its packed full of goodies but I used the lockers and 'took the door off' of one and put stuff in it. Much neater locker than mine was, lol! I wanted to make it look like mine did in high school, but then ya'll would see how messy I was, haha! Plus mine had band stuff in it, lol! I dont have a clarinet stamp!! Ohhh, what a neat idea for a stamp set, musical instruments, just all kinds!! Hear that Illustrators?? LOL!! Anyways, back to the card....I wanted the black background to look like a chalkboard so kinda doodled on it with a white pencil. I did use a stampa ma jiggy thingy to line up the lockers and still got them a bit crooked, lol! What can I say, I just see thinks crooked I think...haha!

Ok, thats all for now. My daughter has found her a babysitter close to where she lives which is good really. We live about an hour apart and that's alot of driving for her to do everyday I know. Plus it wasnt suppose to be EVERYday that I kept him, LOL! Gammy (what he calls me) gets so wore out....I had been trying to walk everyday, started it last week but all this week havent done it at all and I want to get back to that. I did try with him, he dont walk, he RUNS (and hes too BIG to hold my hand he says)....I'd have to put him on a leash cause Gammy does NOT run...she would be laid out on the side of the road....roflmao.

Thanks for stoppin by and hope you have a wonderfully creative day!
blogsig
Card Details
Stamps: Sporty Accessories by Melanie Muenchinger from Gina K Designs
Papers: Gina K pure luxury cardstock in red, black and white, lined dp is from some I have had for a long time and cant remember, lol
Accessories: letter brads, red craft thread, white prisma pencil, copic markers, various paper clips, pop dots.

13 comments:

NinaB said...

You sure know how to put them together, Cat. I like all the little elements with the paper page and blackboard background. Have a great day.

Theresa Momber said...

Wow, I don't think I could have lined them up that well without a Stamp-a-ma-jig! Love this card, Cat. You have so many wonderful details.

mudmaven said...

I love this card! So many great little additions that just make it unique and special. Hang in there grandma - I know exactly what you are talking about! ~chris

Tracey said...

A great card Cat! This is fabulous!

Joani McDonald said...

Awesome! You did a great job!! Thanks so much for the inspiration!
Hugs,
Joani

Payne Holler Cards said...

what imagination! I will have to try that "blackboard" background.
Grankids are the best but they can sure wear you out!
Linda

StampinCathy said...

Fabulous card. I just love the layout and colors. You always inspiring me with your cards and details.

Jennie said...

Cat, you are so right...we NEED a musical instrument stamp set! Love your card, this was one of my favorites (and ALL of yours were favorites). :o)))

From our mouth to the ullustrators ears (hello!)...we NEED a musical stamp set!

Cathy said...

Cat: I love all your cards and this beauty is no exception, but what I really come for is the down to earth, getting sidetracked, loving life posts. Every time I read a post I feel like you sent me a personal email with a card!

Brenda said...

Cat this is Awesome!!!

Carolyn King said...

this is amazing Cat....

also...congrats on the dt---(woohooo!!!)

Tina said...

GREAT card, Cat!!! I nominated you for an award... check here... www.tinastampsup.blogspot.com

Brenda said...

Cat I have an award for you on my blog and I see Tina does too. You can see it here stamp-it-up.blogspot.com

Blog Archive