Monday, July 27, 2009

Gina K Designs Preview Day 2!!

Hey all, welcome back for Day 2 of the previews for this Thursday's new release stamps! Did ya love yesterday's as much as I loved showing them!?? Just wait till you see today's goodies!

For my first card, this uses Theresa Momber's newest set from Gina K entitled Timeless Treasures:


You are gonna love this set! It really quite different than any set that I have seen in Gina's stamp line. I love how you can use this, like for a distressed look, using all the fun products that are out there now too (which I will have another sample like that this Thursday night for a challenge that I will be hosting using this set!) I had a little fun with this card. The image of the pendant is actually one that you can color in, but I decided to make it a silhouette! Notice the stitching around it? No, I still havent broken out my Janome Mini yet, LOL! That is by hand still, I just pierced all around then used some black thread and did a backstitch.

Now, for my second preview, I used Rupa's newest set entitled Are We There Yet? :



Well, there is something about moving vehicles that I think I have to customize them, lol! This is my customized retirement motor home! LOL! I have always said that I was gonna do this when I retire...buy me a motor home and decorate it with hippy flowers! rofl! I even put some custom wheels on it! I had such fun with this card, and I even did the inside too:


I think this makes such a fun retirement card, and with lots of my friends reaching that age, this stamp is just right!

For more projects made with the stamps previewed today, be sure to check out our other Senior Design Team Member's Blogs:
Gina, Asela, Cathy, Cindy, Donna, Emily, Erika, Kurtis, Jessica, Lee, Lynn, Melanie, and Theresa
and, be sure to check out our CenterStage Spotlight Design Team member's blogs for a card made with Timeless Treasures by Shannon Bracken and Brenda Turner has a card to show us that she made with the fun Are We There Yet stamp set too!

Ok, hope you enjoyed tonight's preview! And we will be back tomorrow with another one! Woohooo!!
blogsig
Card Details:
Card #1
Stamps: Timeless Treasures by Theresa Momber from Gina K Designs
Papers: Black Onyx, Pure White from Gina K, all other SU!
Accessories: heart charm, half pearls, pop dots, ribbon, slice machine, gold pen, copic markers, copic spica glitter pens, paper piercing tool and pad, needle and thread, oval nesties.
Card #2
Stamps: Are We There Yet by Rupa from Gina K Designs
Papers: SU! cardstock, Retro Prints from the PaperShack dp
Accessories: circle and rectangle nesties, paper piercing template from Gina K (circle), crystal effects, white gel pen, circle punch, copic markers, brad, ribbon, pop dots.

21 comments:

Donna Baker said...

wow! great cards for the previews, Cat! I love the flowery RV!

Anonymous said...

I love how you did the cameo!!! And the retirement card with the custom RV is way too cute!

Lee said...

Caaauuuute Cat!! I love the sentiment design with Theresa's set and the RV is waaaaay coooool!!!!

Melanie said...

love that van design inside and out, very cool with the circle and piercing! love the way your embellished the cameo!

Cindy Lawrence said...

Just gorgeous, Cat!!! Love the awesome layout of the second! :)

Brenda said...

Fabulous cards Cat!!! I love the hippy van, and that cameo is awesome!

Helen Dooley said...

Awesome cards. I think Ill like that set.

emilymomto3boys said...

Gorgeous! These are both fantastic cards! Love the flowered RV!

A Consuming Passion said...

Cathy, your cards are fabulous I love both but the camper with the paper piecing is a masterpiece - fantastic idea - I love it - one for the 'Grey Nomads'!!

Theresa Momber said...

Gorgeous, Cat! I love that silhouette cameo and the RV card is just too fun!

asela said...

Love your Van! And your beautiful cameo with the words split up is awesome.

JazzyH said...

Your cards are very pretty! I love the cameo.

Lori said...

The motor home is my favorite! Love the flowers.

JenMarie said...

These are FABulous!!

Kurtis said...

Love the stitching and half pearls on your first card! And the paper piercing and scallops are perfect on the second one.

Jennie said...

Love your designs Cat! And may I say you have incredible patience to backstitch ALL of those stitches!!!!

Unknown said...

What fun cards, Cat!! Your RV card is TOO CUTE!!!

joy said...

My son in law sells RVs for a living -- this will make a perfect card for him!

Tamara said...

These are great. It looks like you had a lot of fun with these new sets. I love the flowers on the RV. :)

AKiteFlier said...

Fabulous Cat - both preview cards - and here I wasn't going to spend this month - darn you DT girls are doing your jobs LOL.

I left you a "little love" on my blog in the form of a friendship blog badge. Please accept it with the knowledge that you have made a difference in my life! :-)

http://paperandribbonsandstampsohmy.blogspot.com/2009/07/circle-of-friends-blog-badge.html

Unknown said...

So fun Cat! I'd totally travel in an RV like that!

Blog Archive