Sunday, July 26, 2009

Gina K Preview Day 1!!

WOoohooooo!! The previews are FINALLY here with the release party this Thursday, July 30th 7pm CST at the Gina K Designs company forum at SCS. I will be sure and have that link up, to the party thread, on Thursday too!

Now, on with the good stuff! For today, first up is Melanie Muenchinger's new set entitled Inspiration Mosaic:



Mel has done it again! Her creative side of her brain never ceases to amaze me! This is another BIG stamp and when I first saw it, I felt like I would not know what to do with it! But then, OMG, the ideas for this just keep coming! I am having to write them down to remember them all, lol! I have had a blast with this stamp set! For this card I actually cut all the pieces apart and sponged the edges and then put them back together like a puzzle. Did some paper piercing, popped up the two sentiment areas you see there (isn't that one saying sooo awesome, LOVE it!) The little leaves I have used are from the Tropical Flowers set, also from Gina K Designs, just to give my flower a stem there. These are some of the white paper flowers that you can color with your copics to match your colors you are using too. Slapped a ribbon and some brads on and I was done! Fun card! This set has so many possibilities...and I already have 3 more cards done with this set, which I will show the night of the party!

Now the next set we are previewing tonight is by Nina Brackett entitled Elegant Post:



And isn't the name fitting? VERY elegant, just look at the sentiment even! I decided to go with a CAS (clean and simple) card for this one. I stamped the pole directly onto the Soft Sand cardstock (from Gina K) and then drew the line onto the cardstock all around the edge with a copic multi-liner pen and added the little dots in the corners because they needed something there, lol. The flowers are colored with copics, then I went over some of them with spica glitter pens to give it some sparkle, which of course you can't tell in this photo, cut them out, and then I popped them up with some pop dots. This is the card that you got to see the backside of last night, lol! I really LOVE how this card turned out! I love it when you can take a stamp set and make an elegant CAS card with it and this is one of those!!

For more projects made with the stamps previewed today, be sure to check out our other Senior Design Team Member's Blogs:
Gina , Donna, Emily, Erika, Kurtis, Jessica, Lee, Lynn, Melanie, and Theresa
and, don't forget to check out our CenterStage Spotlight girls joining us in Previews today: Sue Walsh is showing an Elegant Post card today and JenMarie Taylor has a card made with the new Inspiration Mosaic stamp set.

Ok, that is all for now! Be sure and stop back by for more previews tomorrow night, same time, 10pm CST!! Can't wait to show you those too! It's like Christmas in July with Gina K!! So Fun!!
blogsig
Card Details:
Card #1:
Stamps: Inspiration Mosaic by Melanie Muenchinger, Tropical Flowers from Gina K Designs
Papers: Rocket Red, Black Onyx, Pure White from Gina K
Accessories: copic marker to color White flowers, ribbon, brads, ink, sponge, popdots, paper piercing tool and pad.
Card #2:
Stamps: Elegant Post by Nina Brackett from gina K Designs
Papers: Soft Sand, Pure White cardstock from Gina K
Accessories: copic markers, copic multi liner and ruler, copic spica glitter pens, ribbon, pop dots, nestie tag.

35 comments:

Theresa Momber said...

Wow, Cat! These are both so gorgeous!!! Love all that piercing on Mel's and the popped up flower pot is fabulous!

JenMarie said...

LOVIN' these Cat, beautiful!!

Anonymous said...

Simply stunning!!!! I really love how your stamped elements just pop.

A Consuming Passion said...

Beautiful cards both Cathy!!!

Scrapacat said...

Oh wow! I love your cards - they are both so beautiful and elegant! The first one reminds me so much of how my Mom lived. They would keep threadbare sheets, cut the edges that had more substance, then piece a bunch of those pieces together to make a "new" sheet. I neeeeeeed this stamp!!

Lee said...

Wowza Cat!!!!! Soooo sweet!!!! I totally love that hanging basket popped out!!!!! You are ROCKIN' them my stampin' sistah!!!!

slbt17 said...

very nice! thanks for the inspiration!
Sandra

Melanie said...

I LOVE this card! you cut all the piecves, out??the things you do for me, I'm not worthy!
awesome design framing up the post, I have to go scroll down and see what you're getting fired for now...!

Tami Grandi said...

I LOVE these cards- you did beautiful work!

Sharri said...

Love both card Cat!

Carolina said...

Gorgeous cards Cathy...you always have such beautiful cards for us to ohh and ahhh over - TFS!

JessicaK said...

Clean and simple and gorgeous!

Betty Benton said...

You have created a couple of winners! Both of your cards are simply stunning! Love 'em both!

Erika Martin - Stampin' Mama said...

Cat- I love what you did with both of these! That Elegant Post card is so simple but SO elegant! And the depth you created on the Mosaic card...wow!

emilymomto3boys said...

ok, they are both lovely - but that Elegant Post card is to die for! LOVE the bouquet popped like that - and the frame you drew in is just perfect!

Diane said...

Love your mosiac card, so very pretty, and the Elegant Post one is gorgeous, too!

Dawn said...

Beautiful samples!!

CraftieConnie said...

Beautiful work, cannot wait to see the release of everything!

JazzyH said...

Great cards Cat.

Kurtis said...

absolutely LOVE the paper piercing on the first card!! And the CAS is stunning! Great job Cat!

asela said...

Beautiful samples!

Helen Dooley said...

Cathy- I like what you've done. The hanging basket is really cool.

NinaB said...

Oh, Cathy. Your cards are beautiful. And I love that CAS elegant look. Thank you for making such pretty creations with my illustrations.

Lori said...

How cool! Can't wait to see what else you came up w/ for Melanie's new set. Love your CAS card, very elegant indeed.

Jennie said...

Cat, these cards are gorgeous! I love what you did with Melanie's set..just beautiful and love the piercings! The card with Nina's set is so pretty too!!

Margaret Kane Ward said...

great card -- I hadn't thought about monochromatic like that, but....... that's what a hop is all about -- different visions; thanks for great ideas!!

Katherine said...

Cat, these are great! I can't decide which one I like best.

Crystal said...

Cat absolutely beautiful cards!

Tamara said...

Those flowers are gorgeous!!
I love the detail they have and the way you coloured them and popped up the pot is fantastic.

AKiteFlier said...

*sigh* just beautiful Cat - I especially like the soft look you created with the mosaic piece. ROck on.

Unknown said...

Cathy, your cards are fabulous!!! I LOVE both of them!

Unknown said...

Cathy, your cards are fabulous!!! I LOVE both of them!

joy said...

The longer I look at the "Elegant Post", the more ideas I have running around in my mind! - So little time! Thank you for sharing!

Brenda said...

Gorgeous card Cat!! WTG!

Unknown said...

Cat, these are both DROP DEAD GORGEOUS!

Blog Archive