Sunday, March 28, 2010

Hey! I know you!

Do you remember me? haha! Yes, poor ole neglected blog! I just get so busy doing other things that I keep putting off doing a post until I realize its been like a WEEK, lol! I got cards too to show...but I'll just show the one today.

This was made for a friend of a friend, who is coming home from duty in Iraq...


I decided to use some of my counted cross stitch on this, it just goes so well with Nina's newest set from Gina K!! This particular piece was part of a sampler that I lost the directions to and would never finish it, so cut it up, used this on the card and have these other pieces...here are a couple of them from the same sampler:




One day I'll figure out a card with them too, lol! I love being able to use other crafts with my stamps and make a card with it, such fun!

Well, hope you are having a wonderful relaxed Sunday! I had Blake and Holli here yesterday, much fun! He is just so wound up when he is here, never stops, so it wears these old muscles out! LOL! I got a few pics of him I want to upload later too.
blogsig
Card Details:
STamps: Nana's Needlework Sentiments by Nina Brackett from Gina K Designs
Papers: All from Gina K
Accessories: x-stitch piece on linen, paper piercer and pad, scallop border punch, grungeboard stars, vivid inkyblue ink, sponge, twill ribbon, nestie ribbon tags.

8 comments:

Donna C. said...

I totally love it!!

Melissa said...

Cat, this card is beautiful! I love that you used your cross stitching with Nina's set. Love it, love it!

StampinCathy said...

I remember you. The problem is...there are to many places to go out in cyber world. LOL
Your card is awesome. I just love everything about it and love how you cross stitched on it too. Thanks for this inspiring eye candy.

Crystal said...

Awesome idea Cat, that looks fabulous!!! Beautiful card!

A Consuming Passion said...

Fabulous card Cathy - what a great way to use those started and not finished stitching projects!!!!
I've got a few of those!!!!

Edna Morrisedie said...

Just gorgeous, love the stitching!

The Wired Angel said...

This is beautiful Cat.. I'm really very fond of patriotic cards and this especially caught my eye. Great, great job! Hugs, Peggy

Joan B said...

beautiful job!

Blog Archive