Monday, October 10, 2011

Swimming for Katie Blog Hop

Hey Ya'll! I just wanted to pop on and give this link to this wonderful blog hop going on....it's for Katie Renz, her blog is My Paper Haven, and she has been battling cancer for about a year now. I have followed her story from the beginning and my heart goes out to her and her whole family...I'm like Katie, when she first found out ...39?? Cancer?? Cancer is just an evil thing, and anything we can do to help at anytime is something we should all do, be it something small or big! Here is the link to the hop:

Swimming For Katie Blog Hop

There are some awesome designers on this hop, wowza! And prizes can be won also! Go! Enjoy!

I have a bunch of cards that I have done for the Hope You Can Cling to Challenges over on SCS that I need to post, but for now, will leave you with just one! (I have like 10 I think, lol!)



This is for the HYCCT challenge 'Hang In There' hosted by Wanda. I found these little charms at Michaels about 3 months ago in the jewelry clearance stuffs and knew one day they would come in handy, lol! One says 'believe' and the other says 'hope'....I also combined this with the IC challenge and here is the link that inspired me...mainly the background paper on my card:

Gelaskins inspired

I created my background by using distress inks in Vintage Photo and Fired Brick...first by swiping some on with a paint brush and sponge, then used the direct to paper, using just the edge of the stamp pad...I love how it turned out!

Thanks so much for stopping by today. I will be back tomorrow with more of my HYCCT challenge cards!!
blogsig
Stamps: Garden Silhouettes from Gina K Designs
Paper: Gina K and PTI cardstock, EP dp is Victoria Garden
Ink: distress inks in Fired Brick and Vintage Photo
Accessories: circle and lacey circle nesties, seam binding ribbon, twine, charms, scor-tape and buddy, sponge and sponge tool.
Techniques: Direct to Paper

5 comments:

Beate said...

Hi Cat,
Your card looks wonderful!
Hugs and smiles

mudmaven said...

Oh my Cat this is just gorgeous! I love absolutely everything about it - great job. ~chris

Shirley said...

How very lovely! The colors and your design are totally wonderful, Cat!

Ellen Taylor said...

Gorgeous colors and layout!

Carolyn King said...

Stunning card, Cat! Love those colors!

Blog Archive