Monday, February 6, 2012

Dry Erase Board, Gina K style!

Hey ya'll!! Last week, Gina posted a video of how to make a dry erase board using an acrylic frame...and after seeing it, I just had to make one! Here is a link to the awesome video:

Gina's Dry Erase board Video

And Here is mine I made:




I kinda changed up the design a bit. And I added a ribbon to hold the dry erase marker. I made this for my daughter who will soon be a full fledged teacher! I am so very proud of her! And she just loves anything 'teacher themed'. For the ribbon, I attached it to the back of the design that is inserted into the frame...left it a bit loose so you could easily drop the pen into the ribbon, catching it on the little cap holder thingy. I know my daughter...she has to have the marker attached or she would definitely be loosing them over and over, haha! Just like her Mama! :D I also laminated the book and apple image and attached it to the outside of the frame. I laminated thinking it will hold up better to being handled more!

Ok, that's all for today! We have a fun hop tomorrow for you all, and I hope you will come back then too!

Oh, I am going to be starting a new little thing I am calling 'ATC Tuesdays!' Where I will make an ATC, showing little extra pics of how its made and I will be filling up an ATC holder from Paper Studios. I have always wanted to fill one of those up with my 'artwork'...so come join me next Tuesday for my first one! :D Have a wonderfully creative day!
blogsig
Dry Erase Board details:
Stamps: Back To School by Rupa Shevde from Gina K Designs
Papers: Gina K cardstocks, dp ...I have no idea! so sorry!
Accessories: acrylic 5 x 7 frame, copic markers, laminating sheet, vivid ink in brick red, ribbon, dry erase marker, scor-tape.

1 comment:

Payne Holler Cards said...

this is adorable! congrats to your daughter - she is going to love it!
looking forward to your ATC Tuesdays...have never done one (-:

Blog Archive