Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Gina K Designs Spring Has Sprung DT Inspiration Hop!

Hey ya'll!! Welcome to our March DT hop!



The Design Team for Gina K. Designs welcomes you to a fun Spring Has Sprung blog hop. For this hop we will showcase Spring cards or projects with you!!! The DT Members have all used a wide variety of Gina K. Designs stamp sets to inspire you to get inky too! Come play along with the Current Challenges at Stamp TV!!!

If you came from Carolina Buchting's Blog then you're right where you should be. If not, please go to Stamp TV where you will find a list of all those participating.

Here is my creation for today:


I used Melanie's newest set, Wild Flowers. I know this isn't one of the bright and springy pastel colors you normally see for Spring, but I really have a hard time with those colors, so did it my way! :D I used distress inks on this and also the sentiment is stamped into some air dry clay and after it dried, I sponged it with the distress inks too. Love how this turned out! :D

Now hop on over to Donna Baker's Blog for more Gina K. goodness!!!

Thanks so much for stopping by today! Hope you have a wonderfully creative day! I got to make a run to Michael's today myself! :D
blogsig
Card Details:
Stamps: Wild Flowers from Gina K Designs
Papers: My Mind's Eye, Gina K cardstocks
Accessories: air dry clay, distress inks, sponge and sponge dauber, seam binding ribbon, pop dots, scor-tape, Spellbinders square nesties.

38 comments:

Melanie said...

Love how rustic this is and how you incorporated the clay, very cool! :)

Melanie said...

Love how rustic this is and how you incorporated the clay, very cool! :)

Carolina said...

Absolutely adorable Cat - love the rustic look and the sentiment on the clay as well as the pearl swirls are just the perfect touch!

alex said...

Wow this is just amazing, and I have got to try the technique you used for the sentiment, now where did I put that clay :-)

Lori said...

I LOVE your way Cat, fabulous!!!

Tina said...

What a way to make a rustic, Texas kinda card! LOL Love it!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Love that bg -- very "treeish" :)

Anonymous said...

This is a gorgeous card, Cat!!

Joni said...

Interesting use of products. Viva la difference!

Unknown said...

Love the clay usage! I have to agree about the rustic look, and I LOVE it!

Becky said...

What an awesome card. Love the design.

Lagene said...

Love your "rustic" yet chic card!

Giovana said...

The background is fantastic and the way you did the flowers is fab!!

--Marcy said...

Exciting twist! You are exceptional at inspiration!

Ravengirl said...

Very pretty! Love the sentiment stamped into the air dry clay!

Kwright said...

thanks for the inspiration!

Iwana said...

Very very creative! Love the techniques you used.

Kim said...

Very pretty card! I love the clay. :)

terrie said...

well done on your card

Verna Angerhofer said...

What a unique and lovely spring card. Like you said the colors are not the norm for spring, but my dear you pulled it off perfectly. Love it.

Robin said...

Very Pretty. I'll have to check out the air dry clay.

Crafty Lady said...

Rustic Chic... beautiful card... love the flower color.

Gayle said...

Very Rustic and gorgeous, Cat.

Ava Gavloski said...

great card cat. is that the digi paper that i spy? Really like the distressing!!!
ava

Lee said...

Oh now that is COOL!! The clay and the distress inks....fabulous!!

Mama said...

Beautiful card. It's so natural looking.

Kris in Alaska said...

Hey, I like it! Definitely different but I like it very much!

Kris in Alaska
funamom at yahoo dot com

Anonymous said...

Wonderful card design, and I love those wildflowers! The pearl drops add such a whimsical touch. Love it!

Wendy Thompson said...

Beautiful card thanks for sharing

Rosy Newlun said...

Looks lovely, Cat - It all ties in well with distressed look, esp love the color of the flowers against the grays and woodtones!

Joyce T. said...

I love that tag. It's different - in a cool way.

Donna Baker said...

wow you are rockin' the grunge, LOVE it!!! GORGEOUS...you still have my address right?!? I would LOVE to frame this *wink*

Anonymous said...

I have problems with pastels, lol, so I completely understand! I still think it is a very beachy card!

Leta said...

my sister-in-law would LOVE this

Cheryl Wright said...

Cat, this is stunning! I love the distressed squares, and love what you've done with the images and the entire card.

Colleen said...

Cat,
This is really pretty! I love these colors and you are so helping me keep my local Hobby Lobby store in business. I think that clay could be a wonderful addition to an ACT card some day. I will have to check it today when I go get my paints :) still working on the jewelry one not giving up just yet!

Pam said...

Not traditionally spring colors but beautiful nonetheless.

meemee48 said...

Rustic yet elegant. Love this!

Blog Archive