Monday, February 17, 2014

Gina K Designs February 2014 Release Inspiration Hop--Day 1!!

Hey y'all! Welcome to our first day of Inspiration Hops for this month!


The Cast and Crew for Gina K Designs welcomes you to another fabulous Inspiration Blog Hop! Gina, along with the Cast and Crew and Guest Designers, will inspire you with many beautiful ideas! And as you hop through their blogs, make sure to leave a comment on each of them because we will choose a few random comments and those stampers will each win a grab bag of Gina K. Designs products! To see the full list of winners check the Big News Forum at StampTV a few days after the hops.


Up first today is Melanie Munchinger's new set,Stately Flowers 8. There are some GORGEOUS flowers in this set...and Iris, and an Orange blossom, but for today's cards I used the moths/butterflies! Here is my first card I did:

I wanted something bright and cheerful, so used primary colors for the butterflies on the side. I added some pearl and rhinestone stickers to give it a bit of sparkle! Hoping this brightens a friends day! :D Up next is another card I created using just one of the sentiments in the set, one of my favorite Biblical Quotes actually! Here it is:

For this, just simply stamped the sentiments and cut out with a fancy die, sponge the edges on it to give it a worn look. And the rhinestone swirls...a quick tip...you dont have to keep them in the pattern they come...just do some careful clipping to do as I have done on this, for the placements of the rhinestones. :D

Up next is a new set by Bethy Silaika called, Lots of Washi. And I did a short photo tutorial of how to make your OWN washi tape, but somehow the pictures have gotten lost...somewhere! I will have to do that again and then post it later in the week for y'all! But this is what I have done today with it:

This is a one layer card! It will be very easy to mail and I think it makes a wonderfully cheerful card too! (all the snow gloom, trying to chase that away for folks! LOL!) Super simple card but very striking I think!

Ok, ready for some awesome eye candy? Just follow these links to my fellow DT and Guest Designers too!

Guest Designers


Thanks for stopping by today! And come on back by tomorrow because we have two more stamp sets to showcase for you! :D Have a wonderful creative day!

blog sig, yellow legal pad
Card Details
Card #1
Stamps: Stately Flowers 8 by Melanie from Gina K Designs
Papers: Gina K Designs cardstock Pure Luxury in 120lb white, SU! Brilliant Blue
Accessories: pearl and rhinestone stickers from Want2Scrap, Spellbinders scallop border dies, pop dots, white ink, white embossing powders, heat gun.

Card #2
Stamps: Stately Flowers 8 from Gina K Designs
Papers: Gina K Designs Pure Luxury in 120lb Ivory
Accessories: Burlap cardstock, rose die from MFT, rhinestone sticker swirls by Want2Scrap, glue dots, pop dots, Spellbinders fancy Square die, distress inks, sponge dauber.

Card #3
Stamps: Lots of Washi by Beth and Signs of Spring by Theresa both from Gina K Designs
Papers: Gina K Design Pure Luxury in 120lb white
Accessories: Various SU! inks using markers, ribbon, corner chomper, scortape (to hold bow)

73 comments:

Melanie said...

That's so cute with the rainbow of diamonds! I also really like just the Love chapter sentiment as the focal point. :)

Theresa Momber said...

Beautiful cards, Cat! I love all those falling diamonds. Great idea!

Debbie Corbari said...

LOVE these Cat! You are AH-MAZING!!

scrappinmommom said...

I really like all of your cards, so very different, but very pretty. Thanks for sharing each item that you used, I was about to ask about the edging of the first card and you had already given the answer. Thanks!

Unknown said...

Such Beauties! Your last card is such a PARTY!!! Very FUN!!!

Lisa K said...

Beautiful! They are all so pretty. I really love the butterflies in the many colors.

Iris said...

Love your cards especially the butterfly card and the washi tape card - such happy colors.
isoscia at aol dot com

Judy said...

These are great cards. Love the colors. The washi card is so partyish!

Sharon said...

Great designs. My favorite is the last - so fun and bright!

Karen Hightower said...

All of them are great. Love your cards. I believe you can chase away the gloom with the cheerful diamonds sprinkling down from the washi… :)

Betty said...

Great rainbow with the diamonds. My favorite.

Pam T. said...

I especially love your colorful cards! The butterflies were great and then you really knocked my socks off with the one using lots of washi!

Sharla's Web said...

Love those cards! I really want those stamp sets now!

Nancy said...

Your talent and versatility still amazes me! Love all of them Cat!!

Lee said...

Lovely as EVER my friend!!! And serious cuteness on the diamond washi card design!!!!

Kathy Berger said...

What a fun and cheery card! Thanks for sharing. I look forward to seeing the Washi tape video when it is posted.

Verna Angerhofer said...

Wow! Wow! Wow! And in that order! Love them all...such awesome creations!

Leslie said...

Ewwwweeeeee! Super awesome samples, Cat! Every one of them are just beautiful!

Allie Gower said...

Great cards, loving the unique ideas for using these great new sets.

Joyce Erb said...

Great cards! Love the swirly one best:-)

Unknown said...

All your cards are great, but my favorite is the one with the butterflies. So fun!

Adrienne said...

Beautiful card. Loved how you repeated the diamonds of the washi design on the one layer card.

Nana Griffin said...

Love those falling diamonds. What a wonderful idea.

Judy Inukai said...

What beautiful cards! I love how you used the Bible Verse. The butterfly card and Washi card are so bright and colorful. I love how you scattered the colorful diamonds over the card.

Barbara said...

Love all of your cards Cat, but that last one is a stunner!

Barbara said...

Love the cards using primary colors, they are so bright and fresh looking. Beautifully done!

NanW said...

Love the diamonds!

Kelly said...

Such fun cards! I love the bright colors!

Sharon Harnist said...

Love your rainbow butterflies and diamond card, Cat -- wonderful designs!

Jean Bullock said...

all the cards are lovely but my favorite is the falling diamonds. Very cool.

Doris W. said...

Love how you showcased the bible verse! Your Cas card is so much fun!

Sue D said...

Love the rainbow of colors and the bling.

Golda said...

I am loving your cards. The bright diamonds falling from the "tape" is really cool.

Cheryl S. said...

Fun, fun and more fun!

Unknown said...

Oh yeah - you never disappoint me Cat. I love all your cards here. I especially like the last one with the colorful diamonds. That Washi Tape set has so many possibilities, thanks for the great inspiration!!

Unknown said...

These cards are all amazing. Love the bright colors on the first and third, and your second card is so beautiful and elegant. I'll probably get that new set of Melanie's just for that scripture stamp alone.

NJMullins said...

Love these all, but the primary colors and diamonds are so fresh and clean!

Lynne said...

Great cards. The diamonds card really caught my eye.

Maye M.L said...

Great cards, although I am totally biased for butterflies. The falling diamonds stamped in bright colors make such a happy design! Cheers

Celeste Goff said...

Love your bold, beautiful cards! The inking on the butterfly one is stunning!

Erika said...

These cards are great.

L.A. De Valk said...

Love the die cut frame and the rhinestones.

Christy's Simple Creations said...

Great cards! Love how unique each are. Thanks for sharing.

MyAuntKath said...

Cathy, I just love your bright and cheerful cards. Thanks. Kathie Dobbins kdonnins194807at yahoo dot com

Robin said...

Totally adorable!

Unknown said...

Beautiful cards I especially love the diamond one very unique!!

TammieLien said...

Lovely cards Cat.So beautiful and thanks for sharing:)))

mswhizz said...

Thanks so much for sharing your creativity with us. II especially like the last card because I do lots of one layer cards for mailing.

Annie C said...

Love the harlequin design with the falling diamonds. Couldn't figure out what to do with those single stamps, but this is perfect! Thanks for sharing!

Janis said...

Esp love your Love Bears All Things card. So gorgeous!!
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com

FiestyCrafter (Tina) said...

Three great designs!! One is elegant, two are simple and fun!

Gayle said...

Love the Lots of Washi card, Cat. It is so bright and cheerful.

Luanda said...

I love your washi tape card. It is so bright and cheery.

Unknown said...

Love all the bling on the second card. The washi tape card is so darling!

Jan Castle said...

Love you 'Celebrate" one layer card!!! You are right, it is striking and cheerful!!! Wonderful!!!
Jan

Rosy Newlun said...

I always learn something new when I see your cards Cat! Two are fun and colorful and one has a touch of shabby chic - love all three ♥ Looks like it's raining gem stones (better than snow).

Angelica Schmidt said...

All three of your cards are so beautiful! Love the designs and the sentiment is one of my favorites! Well done Cat! Have a Blessed day!

Teri C said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

kramomma said...

Love the butterfly card

Anouk said...

love the colors, it reminds me of a famous painting: a composition with yellow, blue and red from (our) Dutch painter Piet Mondrian (I am from Holland....)

Unknown said...

I love your card using Lots of Washi and how the colors pop off the card.

Kitty said...

Beautiful cards

Kathleen

Kathy Krug said...

Love all of these but my favorite is the washi tape spilling all those colors. Great CAS.

cardscookiecarrotcake said...

Lovely cards, Cat. I like the primary colors for the butterflies and the cheerfulness of the washi card.

Anonymous said...

I love all the bling and the bible verse on the second card! All 3 are great, but #2 speaks to me:)

Cheryl Wright said...

Love all your cards, Cat, but that second one? Wowsers!!!

serenity6883 said...

The washi and falling diamonds are my favorite - so cheerful. Lovely cards.TFS Niki

Dawn S. said...

Love the rainbow butterflies! These are all beautiful cards. Thanks for sharing.

Lagene said...

Beautiful cards! Love the cut out with all the jewels!

Debbie said...

the 3rd card is so striking love it
upnurse at aol dot com

Helen F. said...

Love your creative designs, Cat! The colors are all so bright and cheerful!

Unknown said...

All of your cards are so fresh and lovely while being so different. Great.

CraftyMomFL said...

Cat, I always love your card designs. You are so talented!

Blog Archive