Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Gina K Designs August 2014 Release Inspiration Blog Hop!! Day 2!

Hey y'all!! Welcome back!

The Cast and Crew for Gina K Designs welcomes you to another fabulous Inspiration Blog Hop! Gina, along with the Cast and Crew and Guest Designers, will inspire you with many beautiful ideas! And as you hop through their blogs, make sure to leave a comment on each of them because we will choose a few random comments and those stampers will each win a grab bag of Gina K. Designs products! To see the full list of winners check the Big News Forum at StampTV a few days after the hops.



Today, we have Theresa Momber's newest set called Always Autumn. And I decided to do something else besides a card:


I made a little paper weight is what I call them. It's a piece of wood, a 2 x 4, cut down to 3 inches high. I then decorated it with that gorgeous sunflower from Theresa' set...which just so happens to be my all time favorite flower!! :D This is a gift to someone (wont say her name yet, hoping she isnt reading, lol!) who commented on my FB page last week that they would like to get a gift from me. I had one person respond, it made my day! Was afraid I wasnt gonna get anyone that wanted something from me, LOL!!

Ok, ready for more eye candy and awesome inspiration? Just click on the links below!!



That's all from me today! I hope you have enjoyed this month's Inspirational Hops! I know we enjoy sharing with y'all! Be sure and check StampTV over the next couple of days to see if you might be one of the winners for the comments or from the Release Party!!! Hope you have a wonderfully creative day.week.year! :D

blog sig, yellow legal pad
Project Details
Stamps: Always Autumn by Theresa Momber from Gina K Designs
Papers: Gina K 120lb white
Accessories: wood block, white, black and crackle paint. wooden letter and inspire button, jeweled bee and stick pin, Spectrum Noir Markers, mini ticker stickers by Paper Studios, pop dots, white gel pen, mini metal drawer pull/handle , white piece is by Prima, distress ink in vintage photo, burlap ribbon and bow, scor-tape, E-6000 glue.

37 comments:

Theresa Momber said...

Cat, this is amazing! What a stunning project. Love all the details you added.

Karen Hightower said...

OMG, this is fabulous. Hey, I didn't see that post… I would have responded. :( … LOL.. Anyways, I love what you did My crafty friend.. :)

Unknown said...

Cute, Cute, Cute!!! I love all the detail. Gosh I'm going to have to start going on FB more often to see what's going on. :-)

Melanie said...

How cute, I thought it was a little purse at first with the handle! Great project!

Tricia T said...

Wonderful 3D project, Cat!!!

Melissa said...

What a great idea! I can see this sitting on my desk at work. It's beautiful.

Dawn S. said...

Love this idea! So pretty with the sunflowers.

@JoyceCasaldi said...

What a clever idea, a perfect way to dress up and little area!

nzillingworth said...

WHAT A FAB IDEA. LOVE THE LITTLE BEE. GREAT SUNFLOWERS

jeb said...

How cute is that. Great idea.

Dee Earnshaw said...

Amazing creation, Cat. LOVE it - Lovely texture and autumnal colors.

Judi said...

Love this! I thought it was a little suitcase until I looked closer. Love all the details.

Judy Inukai said...

What a gorgeous gift. The sunflower is one of my favorite flowers too. Can't wait til my set arrives.

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

Cat, this is a lovely project that you shared with us- thank you for the idea!

Laurie Schmidlin said...

Cat, this project is absolutely stunning!! Every time I look at it, I see another fabulous detail! SO beautiful!

coolmommaweed said...

What a great piece for the mantle, hearth or table!

Rose Hackman said...

What a cute gift idea! I love it when we can turn a scrap of something into a beautiful piece of art.

Daylene said...

Really nice!

Unknown said...

Love it, that paper weight is totally adorable :)

~ Connie said...

THIS IS GREAT! I love to make decorations for my house -- or gifts for others. You've given me more inspiration. Thanks

Unknown said...

So cute! Love this, and I am sorry I missed that post! So cleaver and very fallish....

Sandy M said...

Lucky commenter. I hope she is surprised. Beautiful paper weight. Anyone would love receiving it.

clelie said...

A fun and lovely gift idea! TFS!

Iris said...

Gorgeous paperweight- love the sunflowers. Such a clever idea.
isoscia at aol dot com

Helen F. said...

OMGosh, what an awesome gift your paper weight will make! Cat, this is the cleverest idea I've seen in quite a while ~love it

Lisa K said...

Great paperweight! I'm sure the person you are gifting this with will love it!

Parker said...

Project is A#1. What a darling paperweight/decoration with all the embellishments in the right places.

Unknown said...

What a pretty project.

CindyRomanDaversa said...

Wow...this is so amazing! I would definitely put this piece on my desk! I love it!

Nana Griffin said...

A wonderful project, very nicely done.

MsJudyC said...

Very nice 'paperweight' and great use of the sunflowers.

Joyce Erb said...

Love your paper weight. I would have responded too! Better check out your Facebook

Unknown said...

What a great idea... thank you for sharing! Such beautiful use of the flower, This is my all time favorite flower as well, Can't wait until I receive my order!! I am just getting started at this blogging thing (showing my age) but I would have commented had I seen your post on Facebook as well!!!

Beth said...

incredible project cat! Way to go!

Unknown said...

this is such a cool little gift idea, wonder if it could be adapted to a bar of scented soap, hmmmm

Unknown said...

such a great little gift idea,wonder if it could be adapted to a bar of scented soap-hmmm

Lisa said...

Love composition and thanks so much for the tip on the flower. I'll definitely be trying that out!
I used to live in Atlanta. Miss that southern accent


!

Blog Archive