Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Gina K Designs Sew Fun Blog Hop!

Hey ya'll!! Welcome to our monthly blog hop!

Members of Gina K.'s Design Team have come together to host a hop with sewing as the center theme. Along the hop you will find a variety of sewing techniques from hand sewing to faux sewing!

If you came from Carolina Buchting you are in the right spot!! If not make sure to head over to StampTV's Main Forum where you will find a list of all those participating in today's hop.

I decided to do just a bit of accent stitching on my card...my little janome bit the dust and I havent purchased another one yet...but I bet I will after seeing today's inspirations! LOL! Here is my card:



And a close up of the stitching:



I inked my image with SU! markers, then stamped onto white cardstock. Before I did the touch of stitching, I used my paper piercer to make the holes on the flowers, just to make it easier in stitching it!

Next on your stop is the oh so talented Deb Felts!! Can't wait to see what she and all the others have for us!

Thanks so much for stopping by!!
blogsig
Card Details:
Stamps: Garden Silhouettes from Gina K Designs
Papers: SU! and Gina K cardstock, dp is from Gina K also
Accessories: ribbon, thread and needle, paper piercer and pad, pop dots, pearl stickers by prima marketing (I think!) SU! markers, mega oval nesties, mega rectangle nesties, bow easy, oval punches, twine.

36 comments:

richardbreaks said...

great use of the stitching!

DebraM said...

What a gorgeous card...all the embellishments just pop right out. I love how you stitched through each petal of the flower..

Carolina said...

Darlin' card Cat - love the stitching on the flower and the pearl swirls are such a fun touch!

Anonymous said...

This is a BEAUTIFUL card!
I adore the stitching on the flower :)

Tina said...

Cat this is just a gorgeous card! Period!!! Love the stitching you used (never would have thought to do that... thanks for the inspiration!).

Celeste said...

Wow! That reminds me of embroidery I used to do. Too cool! Love all the bling you used.

Kary said...

Hi Cat!! Your card is Amazing!! I love the colour combo, the bow and the pearls. But most of all, I ADORE the stitched flower! Awesome! {{Hugs}}

Nana Griffin said...

Love this card so much!

An'Jenic G. said...

I really love the accent stitching you did on your flowers and the pearls are just lovely. Thanks

anjenicgibson.blogspot.com

StampinCatMom said...

Cat, what a perfectly lovely card! And I would have never thought to add the accent stitching like that...very creative and unique! Must copy it!! LOL

sprgstn16 said...

Ok...that is a great idea! I am so going to give this a try. Thanks for sharing.

Sandy said...

So beautiful. Simply gorgeous.

Stephani said...

Beautiful card. The stitching on the flower really makes it pop.

creativearts said...

Love the way you stitched your flower! So far, your card is my favorite!

Verna Angerhofer said...

What a gorgeous design! Love the sewing and the fancy embellishment too.

Tamara said...

Fancy Fancy!! Nice card!

Unknown said...

Fun bright card and love the stitching on the flower!

Unknown said...

Wonderful card Cat, such an inventive idea!!! Have to try that one.
THanks

Lynn B. said...

Gorgeous card! Stunning! Can't say enough wonderful things about it.

Unknown said...

Cute... love the stitching on the flower!

Miesje said...

Divine! Love the stitching and the bling and the colors.

Jan said...

Wow so many ideas wrapped into one pretty card!

mitz said...

.. a simple technique that just adds so much... ty mitz_zee@yahoodotcom

Sandy said...

OOH, love the stitching on the flower. The pearl bling is great!!!

Unknown said...

Oooh clever way of stitching that flower, Cat. Great idea!

Sharon said...

Beautiful card. Love the soft colors and great accent with the stitching.

Kris in Alaska said...

Ooooh! Pearls, pearls everywhere! I love it!

Kris in Alaska
funamom at yahoo dot com

Sandy said...

Love the stitching on the flower!! The pearl bling is fantastic...I just love pearls:)

joy said...

Love the pretty pearl swirls! This is my kind of card -- beautiful job!!

Payne Holler Cards said...

now this is really lovely - great tip on stitching by piercing first...

Sharon Harnist said...

Nicely stitched flower, Cat -- love all the pearls, too!

maryhansenrn said...

Very pretty card design!

Jill said...

love the colors and the pearls

Gayle said...

Cat, you are so extremely creative. Thanks for the close up of the flower stitching. I really love all those flourish pearls.

Shirley said...

Great technique on your flower and the whole card is 'pearly' beautiful!!!

Joan Ervin said...

OMG, Cat...your stitching on the flowers looks FABULOUS and I just love all the pearls...such a beautiful card!!!!

Blog Archive