Tuesday, February 14, 2012

ATC Tuesdays, #1!

Hey ya'll!! Happy Valentine's Day and welcome to my first ATC Tuesday! I love making ATCs (Artist Trading Cards) and recently purchased a storage tray from Hobby Lobby for them:



...soooo decided to do this ATC Tuesdays on my blog...basically just showing how I make each one for the tray they will all fit in. I also would love to see if any of you make any ATCs...you can leave me a link in your comments on the posts if you like! :D Here is my first ATC:



I saw this background I created somewhere, and for the life of me do not remember where! Basically it is rolled pieces of book pages, that has some distress inks on it. Here is how I made this one:

First, tore out some book pages and tore into smaller sizes to fit the ATC
size and swiped on some distress stains straight from the bottles:


Book pages I have torn out


after adding distress inks


after adding vintage photo distress stain to edge

And here is how I add the distress stain Vintage Photo to the edges:


I squeeze some out onto the nonstick craft sheet and then touch the edge into the droplet...it soaks it up like a paper towel! :D


I have added some distress stains to the base I will be using, just on the edges because that is all you will see on this ATC. Also have rolled one piece of torn paper.


Here I have now rolled and attached the rolled piece using modge podge.


Here is the completed background with the rolled papers.


Here are some grungeboard hearts and letters that I have used distress stains on.


Stamped this sentiment onto some kraft cardstock and then tore out, also used distress inks on this piece.


Painted the grungeboard embellies with some Tattered Angels Glimmer Glam glimmer paints.


Painted on some distress ink crackle paint and then helped speed up the drying process by using my heat gun on it.




Tada!! I attached all of the elements with glue dots and scor-tape...also added the tulle behind the hearts...I really like how this turned out!

Here is a little trick to for when you are photographing ATCs or things that can't stand up on their own...I take a small piece of cardstock and make an easel using some removable tape on the edge and stick it to the back of the card and prop it up that way! :D


Ok, that's all for this Tuesday! Hope you enjoyed following me along how I made this ATC card and be sure and come back next Tuesday too, I'll have my 2nd one done! Thanks so much for stopping by and have a wonderfully creative week!
blogsig
ATC Details:
Stamps: Fresh Start from Gina K Designs
papers: Gina K cardstock, book pages
Accessories: distress ink stains, distress ink crackle paint, grungeboard letters and hearts, glue dots, scor-tape, tulle, modge podge.

11 comments:

Jane Wetzel said...

hey, love this ...tfs the tut! :)

Jennie said...

Wow Cat...this is AWESOME! I have seen those trays at HL and never knew what to do with them. Hhhhmmm, this could be something I might like. Love the way you rolled the paper and the stains, such a great way to get lots of color!! Amazing my friend, just amazing :)

Lagene said...

WOWZERS! I love this! Thanks for the tutorial~!

Theresa Momber said...

LOVE!!!! You rock, GF!

Cheri said...

This is awesome, Cat. I too love to make ATC's and have for several years. Love your Tuesday tutorial idea. I'll be hanging wid'cha on Tuesdays.

Lynn B. said...

Oooooo! I love this. I've been wondering what ATCs are. This technique is awesome! Thanks for the tutorial. I definitely want to give this a go.

Colleen said...

Cat,
I love ACT's too just have never found an outlet. Now that I see your frame, I'm thinking maybe a whole wall of art. I just might be back before Tuesday with a link. :)

Auntie Em said...

Your ATC card is so pretty! I have tried a few but they are tough for me to do after being use to working on 12x12 LOs and 6x6 cards! :)

Colleen said...

Cat,
I'm so excited by this Yes I'm a geek Here is my link
http://creativepaperroom.blogspot.com/2012/02/little-country-little-rock-and-roll.html
I hope you don't mind me sending people to your blog! :)

jodyleblanc said...

I love the tutorials and your creations a beautiful. ;)

Lagene said...

WOWZERS! Fantastic!!! Amazing!!! & Thanks for the tutotial!

Blog Archive