Tuesday, February 28, 2012

ATC Tuesdays, #3

Hey ya'll!! Welcome to my 3rd ATC Tuesday! I am really enjoying doing this little cards, sometimes so much I forget to take a pic along the way, lol! Here is what I have done for this time around:



As you see, this one is a pretty simple one. Not alot to this one. I actually had 2 ATCs going at once and the one I wanted to show, got carried away and didnt take any extra pics...Here is a pic of that one:



Actually, this one just has a lot of stuff on it. The background is the main thing a created and I did that with a piece of pure copper and Verday, both from Ten Seconds Studio ...I am so loving their products, especially this new Verday, which adds a patina to metals, and also their metal paints, so much fun to play with! Anyways, on to the ATC for today that I remembered to take pics along the way of, lol!



I cut a piece of watercolor paper 2 1/2 x 3 1/2.



I then swiped across the watercolor paper with distress ink pads, direct to paper.


I then misted HEAVILY with water with a mini mister. I did it heavy because I wanted the ink to roll around on the paper. I picked it up after doing this and just tilted it back and forth to spread the inks out all over.


This is what I ended up with after helping it dry with a heat gun.


Stamped flowers onto the ATC with more distress ink.


Added some word stickers.


Sponged the edges with Vintage Photo distress ink. As you will see in the next pic though, I did not like where one of the words in that position, so moved it, lol! Also, did some more sponging with distress inks with a scallop edge I had cut out, I used it like a mask.



Tada! I have added all the elements on it here. I used a Tim Holtz keyhole, a piece of seam binding ribbon that I had dyed with vintage photo ink and added some white gel pen work to the middle of the flowers and was done!

So, yea, this one was pretty simple, but it looks fantastic in its little home in the tray! :D

I am not for sure about having another ATC Tuesday next week, because I will be getting ready for Gina K Design March Release, on the 8th. It will depend on how quick I get those samples done, lol! But if not next Tuesday, for SURE the one after that!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and hope you enjoyed and got a little inspiration!
blogsig
ATC Details
Stamps: Springtime Silhouettes from Gina K Designs
Papers: watercolor papers and GIna K cardstock for base
Accessories: Keyhole, word stickers, ribbon. scallop die used as a mask, sponge, distress inks.
2nd ATC
Stamps: Tim Holtz Odds and Ends from Stampers Anonymous
Papers: Gina K cardstocks
Accessories: Verday from Ten Seconds Studio, sponge brush, embossing folder, tulle, old canceled postage stamps, distress inks, Tim Holtz chain and little round trinket (can't remember exactly what they are called! lol)and mini paper clip, grunge board wings painted with crackle distress paint, pop dots, scor-tape. sanding block.

11 comments:

Colleen said...

Cat,
I love both of these! I can't wait to try the water rolling technique. I normally just ink and spray my acrylic block. Can't wait to see what you create for the release :)

Gina said...

I absolutely love your style. Thanks so much for the "play-by-play" photos.

Crystal said...

WOW Cat absolutely LOVE both of these ATC's gorgeous!!!!! Thanks for sharing your technique...FANTASTIC!

Colleen said...

Cat,
Here is mine for this past week.
http://creativepaperroom.blogspot.com/2012/03/act-tuesday-spot-3.html

NinaB said...

Hi, Cat...I have a DT assignment to create ATCs and never made one before. Then I remember reading on my reader about your ATCs, so I have to check out how the experts do it. I think I can do this...distress inks scare me, though...haha. I hope you're doing well.

Алексровер Анна said...

Hi , Cat! At first it seems easy, but only at first! A resalt is great! Thank you! Your blog is very interesting!! Best wishes from Russia!!!

miatagal said...

Cat, I am amazed at your great artwork. Thanks for sharing your techniques.

miatagal said...

Cat, I am amazed at your great artwork. Thanks for sharing your techniques.

miatagal said...

Cat, I am amazed at your great artwork. Thanks for sharing your techniques.

miatagal said...

Cat, I am amazed at your great artwork. Thanks for sharing your techniques.

Lagene said...

Fantastic ATCs! Thanks for the tutorial on the watercolor ATC!

Blog Archive