Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Loving some new stuff!

Hey y'all! Thought I'd share my newest obsession as of this moment, lol! Lord knows it changes ALOT! ha!

It's called Paper Twine Cording by Maya Road...here is a picture:


And here is where I start unrolling it:

And a bow with it after it's unrolled:

I have used it on two cards lately. This one is a card to get me in the Spring spirit! LOL! Im one that loves the fall and winter, soooo I have to psych myself up for spring and summer! Here is the card:

+
I also utilize my brand spanking new Silhouette machine!! YES!! I caved and got one, lol! I got the portrait, but actually wish I had saved for another month and gotten the cameo. So many designs are geared for the size of cut you get with a cameo...yes, I do realize you can move around and resize, but im lazy and dont like to do that, lol! On this card I used some cuts I have purchased at the Silhouette store and also the cut files for the Gina K Designs stamp set I have used, Folk Filigree. LOVE it! I have cut out so many things, lol! But now I have got to put them to use on stuff!

Here is the card I did a few days ago:
On this card I also used the paper cording unrolled for a bow. This card has so much on it...Ive used a doily, molding paste, stencils...the leaves are stamped with gelatos (I colored directly on the stamp with the gelatos and then gave the stamp a quick spritz with water and stamp it really quick onto my paper, love how it turned out! One of those that it looks much better in person, lol! I always enjoy making cards like this...I loose myself in the creating, makes you forget about things for a little bit! (dealaing with some health issues! bleh!)

Thanks so much for stopping by today on my poor neglected blog! I post over and FB and STV and always forget to come write up a blog post...well not really forget, but it takes more time so I put it off and off...LOL! kwim? I plan on using some of the sprays to try and color this ribbon too...so come back and see how that turns out! :D

Have a wonderfully creative day!

blog sig, yellow legal pad
Card Details:
Stamps: Folk Filigree, Signs of Spring and Stately Flowers 8 all from Gina K Designs
Papers: Gina K cardstocks, Graphic 45's line Sweet Sentiments
Accessories: molding paste stencil, prima flower (from my fellow GKD gal, Michelle! THank you mf!), Maya Road Paper twine cording, pop dots, seam binding ribbon, eyelet, hole punch, doily, tiny attacher, burlap paper, string of pearls, quick dry glue, scor-tape, silhoutte cut files, tiny button brads, tim holtz scallop border die

5 comments:

Verna Angerhofer said...

I love what you did with the cording. You have made me recall that I have a suitcase filled with lace, ribbons and some of this cording type stuff in a suitcase in my closet. Hmmmmm! Might have to unload the storage closet and find me some. Your cards are both awesome and I love how you made the bows with the corded fiber. I have no idea what I bought the stuff for years ago, but I am sure they will be brought out if I didn't end up selling or tossing them. Thanks!

Kitty said...

I am familiar with this cording and would like to get some. Have your ever tried this pace for supplies - www.paperwishes.com They have this cording at what I consider to be good prices. They have some stamps but I like Gina's stamps more. anyhow, check them out and see what you think.

Blessings,
Kathleen

Unknown said...

Oh how FABULOUS! Always love seeing what you have created, because a) it's ALWAYS beautiful b) it's ALWAYS inspiring c) I typically have the stuff you LOVE lol I have that ribbon cording in my cellar back from wreath making days! What's old is new again! Ha! TFS!!!

Carol L said...

How clever of you to make that gorgeous bow from that "twine!" WOW! Your Easter card is beautiful too!

Carol L said...

What a genius use of that twine cording! I never could have imagined such a discovery! The bow is beautiful, and so are your cards making use of it! WTG on being the proud owner of a Silhouette! I'll probably jump on the wagon after the machine becomes obsolete :)

Blog Archive