Monday, June 2, 2014

Gina K Designs New StampTV Kit, Here Comes the Sun! Blog hop!


Ohhh my poor neglected blog! Wowza! Well, you are back on a good day!


The Cast and Crew for Gina K Designs welcomes you to another fabulous Inspiration Blog
Hop! Gina, along with the Cast and Crew and Guest Designers, will inspire you with many
beautiful ideas! And as you hop through their blogs, make sure to leave a comment on each
of them because we will choose ONE winner and the prize is a Grab Bag of fabulous
Vintage Cuts and Shapes that match the Here Comes The Sun STV Kit plus some other
embellishments and goodies that match the kit!!!! To see the winner, check the Big News Forum at StampTV a few days after the hop.



Up first today, I HAD to do some coloring with my brand spanking new Spectrum Noir Markers!, and I can honestly say I am just THRILLED how these color! Brief story...I started buying the 'OTHER' markers that shall not be named and when the price did such a jump, I just could not justify spending THAT much for one marker! Sooo, I quit buying them and waited patiently until some nice soul came out with some cheaper but still did as good...these are them. I am serious! Here is my card for today using the markers:


I colored that big ole yummy flower from the new kit, couldnt resist! I, by far, am no expert at coloring with markers, but I so love how this turned out! I used the following Markers:

So if you have been searching for some wonderful awesome markers, at a MUCH better price...these are them! And we are so lucky to have Gina K Designs carrying them! :D

Next I have a card where I played around with some canvas:


I also colored that big ole flower again using the markers...I didnt do much shading on this, because on canvas, markers of any kind will bleed and I didnt want that. But this overall effect looks good to me! And its hubby's favorite! :D

Ok, ready for more awesome eye candy? Just follow the links below:


Thanks sooo much for hanging with me during my lack of ...oh laziness! LOL! I have so many more cards to share with you with this kit and will be uploading them as the week goes by! so come on back for a visit! Ill keep the door open for ya! :D

blog sig, yellow legal pad
card details:
Card #1
Stamps: Here Comes the Sun StampTV kit From Gina K Designs
Papers: Gina K cardstocks, Silhouette corrugated sticky back cardstock
Accessories: SB's twigs die, scrabble tiles, seam binding ribbon, pearls, white craft paint, toothbrush (to spatter the paint), scor- tape, Spectrum Noir Markers, metal letter, pop dots, white gel pen, micron black .05 pen
Card #2
Stamps: Here Comes the Sun StampTV kit From Gina K Designs
Papers: Gina K cardstocks, canvas
Accessories: Various spray mists by Ranger, Spectrum Noir markers, Photo frame die, tiny attacher, needle and thread, pop dots, scor tape, metallic sentiment, white paint, seam binding ribbon.

60 comments:

Karen Hightower said...

Cat, both of these are fabulous. I really love that stacked flower. Very Pretty… :)

Susan White said...

I love that flower too Cat!! Love your cards!!

Unknown said...

Love the colors and stitching of the second card along with the gorgeous blue ribbon!

Tricia T said...

Gorgeous stacked flower! I love it in pink!!!!

Tricia

CindyRomanDaversa said...

Fab Fab fab! I am a fan of the Spectrum markers too! I LOVE that can as card...that's a must try for me!

Unknown said...

Cat DID do it! Beeeutiful cards - love the canvas one. :)

Karen Hightower said...

Cat, Ok, now that I'm through checking out all the wonderful cards, I just want to say that I am so excited to be on the Awesome Design Team with You and the Crew… I look forward to lots of creativity… and laughs. really enjoyed our visit.. LOL :)

scrappinmommom said...

That flower is so pretty. Both of your cards are so nice, and love the different textures used on them. Can't wait to try the SN pens.

Verna Angerhofer said...

Fabulous cards. I love how you popped each layer of the flower to give it so much dimension.

Sue D said...

Great colors and thanks for your review of these markers.

Nana Griffin said...

Lovely cards and the coloring with the new markers is great!

Unknown said...

love what you did with the flower. Great cards.

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

Cat- these are soo pretty and you did a great job on them too!

Linda said...

You are so right about the markers! Price and quality! Love your cards; reminds me of flowers in my garden they are so pretty. How many layers did you fussy cut?

Unknown said...

Great cards! That flower is so pretty!
thanks.

Gayle said...

Just love what you did with that "big ole flower", Cat. So very pretty in pinks.

klarcher said...

wonderful cards, I also have a huge amount invested in those other markers and just picked some up at Joann's using a discount coupon

kgraham said...

Loved the stacked flower on card 1. Never had much luck with SN markers and they dried out so fast. My "other" brand have never dried out on me.

Dee Earnshaw said...

Cat, these cards are lovely especially the 3D colored flower - great color combo

Dee Earnshaw said...

Cat, these cards are lovely especially the 3D colored flower - great color combo

Anonymous said...

You really did a lovely job on the flower (both ways) and thanks for your input on the markers.

Yogismom said...

Love the card! It looks like you layered the petals? Just beautiful.

Yogismom said...

Love the card! It looks like you layered the petals? Just beautiful.

Linda said...

wow your cards are so pretty! I love that pink flower.

Regina said...

Pretty, pretty flowers. Love the new markers.

Lisa K said...

I love these cards! The SN markers are great. I have been using these for a couple of years, just do not own all of the colors, yet.

Joyce Erb said...

Great cards. Love the stacked flower and that gorgeous canvas.

Cammi said...

Love the dimension on the first card. And the vibrant colors on the second card. Thanks for sharing!

Sharon Underwood said...

Your flowers turned out great!

Sharon Kent said...

Both cards are nice.

Leslie said...

Cat, these are amazing! I just love your style! I knew the sneak peak of the canvas one was going to be awesome and it is! ;) Thanks for the inspiration!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous flowers, loving the layered one, lots of depth and dimension! TFS!!!

Unknown said...

Hi Cat! I am thrilled Gina is carrying the Spectrum Noir markers, and will be doing tutorials using them! I recently got a set at a stamping convention. I really like the markers and the price.

I need to start playing around with different textiles on my cards. Thanks for the inspiration!

- Andrea

Diana said...

Love the cards - and the Spectrum Noir Markers - they are so much fun! Have ordered the kit - can't wait until it arrives! Thanks for the inspiration.

Unknown said...

Love your coloring with the new markers!

Unknown said...

Like the flower!

spolack@cox.net

L.A. De Valk said...

I love the dimensional flower and the tiles. Making the flower pop out of the picture is very creative and effective.

Debbie Corbari said...

Holy Smokes Cat! These cards are amazing! I especially love that canvas one! oooo...you have my creative juices flowing....

Louise H. said...

Love the coloring on the flower as well. The colors are extremely vibrant and yummy. Thanks for the different techniques.

Unknown said...

Love your card.

Barbara said...

Well, that big old flower just Pops off of the page. Just amazing coloring.

Unknown said...

WOW Cat! Gorgeous! You are rockin' the Spectrum Noir's lady! Love them! These cards are beyond spectacular!!!! Hugs! Seanie

Nancy said...

Cat you sure are changing it up with both of these cards! Looks like some MM going on! Love... Love them both...but the second one's colors are beautiful!
Well done you!

Robin said...

Great cards! So pretty, both of them.

Unknown said...

You did beautiful work with that flower! I cannot wait to get my hands on that kit.

Monica said...

Very nice. Thanks for the ideas.

Unknown said...

Great cards! I love how you cut and staked the flower image.

Lagene said...

Gorgeous multilayered flower! And the canvas card is great!

Judi said...

Thanks for sharing your creative ideas.

Sharon said...

The canvas card is GORGEOUS!

Jamie said...

Yes, I'm looking forward to getting my new markers and trying them. Love the coloring on your flower. The markers seem to make the magic happen without being a "coloring artist". ;)

Unknown said...

Lovely cards and love what you did with the flower.

Rosy Newlun said...

Very pretty flowers and coloring Cat!!!

dobie1950 said...

I ordered my kit and I am waiting patiently for its arrival. I love all of the layouts.

Cheryl S. said...

Terrific cards and I am loving the Spectrum Boor marker help.

Cheryl S. said...

Terrific cards and I am loving the Spectrum Boor marker help.

cardscookiecarrotcake said...

Somebody's having fun with their Spectrum Noirs. LOL! Nice cards Cat.

Helena Wilde said...

Very nice. Lots of love from Helena

Barbara Howell said...

Your cards are fabulous and your coloring on the stacked "big ole" flower is great. Thanks for sharing.

ktmoore1960 said...

Wow Cat. I love the flower but love the use of canvas which I have never done. Feeling inspired!

Blog Archive