Saturday, November 8, 2008

3-D challenge

I made this little box for the challenge at 3-D Design Challenge Blog. A super simple template. I adjusted mine to a 3" instead of the 2 1/2 as the template is. I wanted it a little bit bigger to sit this candle in a little jar I have around here...somewhere, lmao! I swear, I put stuff up and then can never find it...one of these days I'm going to find a treasure trove of goodies! haha! Anyways, here is the box:



I used the stamp set of Mel's from Gina K Designs, the daisy in it. I was lazy and didnt color 4 daisies for all sides, so on three of the sides I just stamped with versmark and heat embossed those. I punched holes in the top edges with the little $1 punch from Michaels and then punched holes down the sides to lace the ribbon..tied a bow, added a little butterfly charm and all done! Oh, I did cover the colored flower in versamark and heat embossed it too. I like how it turned out and think it will add alot to the gift candle...when I find the candle...lol.

Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful weekend! It is soo beautiful here to day...little nippy, but still hard to stay in the house and stamp!!
--CAT
Box Details:
Stamps: A Year in Flowers from Gina K Designs
Paper: cardstock from HL
Accessories: koh-i-noor pencils with OMS, ribbon, $1 punch flower punch, crop-a-dile from side holes, versamark ink and clear embossing powder, pop dots.

13 comments:

Theresa Momber said...

Cat, this is gorgeous! So soft and pretty. I love the way you embellished it and popped out the gerbera daisy!

mudmaven said...

What a gorgeous box! I love the colors and am going to try making some in pink and in blue for my grandchildren. You are so creative! ~chris

Tiff said...

WOW! This is so delicate looking! Love it...

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

How very stunning! I love it! I made one for the 3D challenge too, but now that I see yours I want to make another. I love love LOVE how you did the flower punch edging & the charm! :O)

Janine said...

Just gorgeous Cat!!!

Pamela Smerker said...

This is adorable Cat! I love the little butterfly charm on the corner. Great touch!! Thanks for playing along with us this week!

Carrie Gaskin said...

This is super fantastic Cat. I love the flower punch and the criss cross ribbon. Great job. Thanks for playing with us this week!

Ann said...

Oh, how sweet! I love how you criss-crossed the ribbon, and the flower punch around the top is so cute! Great job with the challenge! :D

Donna Baker said...

this is so pretty!

1 Crafty Gal said...

OH, this is so beautiful!!!

**Nancy** said...

This is beautiful!!! I love the big blooms!!!

Annapurna said...

I try to punch borders with those punches and always mess up somewhere. Do you mark the centers before you punch or are you just better than me :-)

Super cute!

Shirley said...

How perfect and what a keepsake! Its beautiful and so feminine too! It can be used forever!

Blog Archive