Wednesday, April 29, 2009

From Courtyney's Closet Challenge.

I have been meaning to try this challenge for the longest that Libby does of her cute baby girl at Libby's Little Addiction. And this weeks was too cute for me to pass up and I had the perfect set for it that I had been wanting to use! Here is the link to the inspiration piece this week:

FCCC #40

And here is my card:



I used Asela's set from Gina K Designs That I had only used the panda bear from so far, and this was perfect for it I though! I literally copied the outfit sorta, lol! Well, 2 zebras wouldnt fit on my card, and my tree a bit different. I used some clouds from a Doodlefactory set from Starving Artists to make the tree tops, and then just freehanded the bottom. I also used some more of that flower-soft to make the little flowers. And I just had to put the meercat (sp?) peeping out of a hole too cause he's so darn cute, lol! I also scored the top section to imitate the little shirt top, but you cant see it too good in the photo. I used my new Scor-pal Embosser from Gina K, that thing is FUN! Love that I can make really straight lines now with it. Also, if you are wanting to pierce something, because this doesn't go all the way through, all you have to do is use it with your Scor-Pal like you are suppose to, and then just pierce all the way through with a paper piercing tool, most probably knew that but was a light bulb moment for me, haha!

Ok, that's about all for today! Thanks for stopping by!
blogsig
Card Details:
Stamps: Zoo Animals and Just Be-Claws (the sun) from Gina K Designs, Cloud stamps from Starving Artists
Papers: SU! cardstock
Accessories: SU! scallop circle punch, circle punch, ribbon, copic markers, sponge, scor-pal embosser, pop dots, glue, stickles.

9 comments:

mudmaven said...

Cat this is just adorable. Perfect card for this week's challenge! ~chris

Crystal said...

this is so cute, love all your animals!

Brenda said...

Cat this is too cute!!! I love the scene you created. Great signature Cat!

Patti J. said...

Cat, can you believe that all this time I have thought that I was following you, and that you just were taking some time off! Silly me! I'm following for sure now!!!

Great card! LOVE it! You are amazing!

Jennie said...

This is just adorable....love the meerkat! You are just so creative, nice job!

Jennie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Libby Hickson said...

Oh Cat!! First of all, I am THRILLED to have YOU playing my challenge this week, eeeek! :-) And your card is just fantastic!! I absolutely love everything about it - Asela's sweet animals colored so perfectly, that amazing tree (CLOUDS!! You are sooo clever!), the flower soft, that cute sun, the fun embossed dots (I need that tool for my scor-pal) - LOVE IT ALL!! Make sure and take a peek at my blog tomorrow. :-)

Donna Baker said...

check YOU out!! first time playing in her FUN challenge and she picks YOUR card as her favorite! btw I met her & the famous Courtney on Tuesday-she's every bit of sweet & cute in person!

Unknown said...

Arrrrrr! This card is so stinkin' cute! My grands would have a fit over it! Fabulous job, my friend!

Blog Archive