Wednesday, April 8, 2009

I'm distressed!

Not really! Well, my card is though! LOL! This weeks CAS challenge at SCS was to distress and I had such a hard time with that! Cause I really don't do either very well, CAS and distressing on cards, but I gave it an attempt, here it is:


This stamp is from one of the stamp sets I received for winning that Stamp It! challenge, its from Lizzie Anne Designs (think I spelt it wrong on the card, ss!)
I also used the new technique video at Stamp TV today, Emboss Resist. What a fun technique that is! And then I used the colors from this weeks Color Throwdown...see I'm not the only one into pink and greens right now, lol! I will probably do another card using this technique, I really enjoyed doing it, but as with all CAS cards, I always want to add more, them pearls snuck in there...lol.

Hope you are having a wonderful Hump Day! On the down hill swing now for the week! yay! Thanks for stopping by!
--CAT
Card Details
Stamps: Damask from Lizzie Anne Designs sentiment from Thanks for Everything set from Technique Tuesdays
Papers: SU! cardstock
Accessories: Heidi Swapp distress tool, half pearls, sponge, versamark ink, embossing buddy, embossing powder, SU! inks in Pink Pirouette, Cameo Coral and Sage Shadow. twill ribbon, pop dots.

10 comments:

Tammy Hershberger said...

Very pretty, Cat! I like the three pearls at the top corner in the graduated sizes, and that pink twill is yummy and perfectly distressed! Great card! Thanks for playing the Throwdown!

mudmaven said...

Cat this is wonderful! Love the colors and you did a great job with the distressing! ~chris

LeAnne said...

What a unique card! Love the effect, plus the pearls and ribbon add just the right accent! Thanks so much for playing with us!
LeAnne

StampinCathy said...

Fabulous card and just love this technique. Another inspiring card.

dpkennedy said...

Really pretty technique! Love the card you created and the pearls are just a perfect touch! Thanks for playing the CTD!

Donna Baker said...

so pretty, CAT! you totally pulled off this oxymoron of a challenge (love the sponging around your flower) congrats again on your win!!

Broni said...

Beautiful emboss resist image!! So soft and pretty! Thanks for playing along with us!

Theresa Momber said...

I think it is wonderful, Cat! I was tempted by this challenge, but in the end, I chickened out. LOL.

Barbara said...

Just a great card!! Love the image, the pearls and the ribbon--love it all! Thanks for playing the Throwdown--hope to see you again next time!

Shirley said...

So creative and so beautiful! Love the serenity of the whole card!

Blog Archive