Tuesday, September 20, 2011

CPS #236 ...Grey Sunflowers?

Hey ya'll!! Yes, I colored my sunflowers grey, lol! I saw a pattern in the Vera Bradley magazine that inspired these colors...love alot of those patterns and my purses that I have too! :D Here is my card:



And I followed the sketch, more or less:



I love coloring in grey tones like this. Reminds me of black and white photos, which I also love. If you look closely at a b/w photo, you will see, it really isn't just b/w...its greys like this! :D I think I'm getting a bit better at sketch challenges...I'm not having AS hard of a time doing them as I used to, LOL!

Thanks for stopping by today and hope you are having a wonderfully creative week!
blogsig
Card Details:
Stamps: Holiday Basket by Melanie Muenchinger from Gina K Designs and the sentiment is from Home Is by Tami Mayberry, also from Gina K
Papers: Gina K cardstock
Accessories: twine, CB folder, scor-pal, scor-tape, pop dots, copic markers, white gel pen, Zva Creative rhinestone swirls, SU! small oval punch, corner chomper, white chalk ink with sponge.

11 comments:

Melanie said...

love the B&W, very striking with the red and tan too! I'm inspired!

Danni said...

Gorgeous card! Very stunning!

Aixa M. said...

Very nice! I like the shading on the flowers

DJreflections said...

This card is so unique, yet very nicely done. OI just may have to try one of my own. Thanks

Linda Beeson said...

Gasp, this is gorgeous! LOVE the way you colored the image and what a great use of the CPS sketch too.

Carolyn King said...

SQUEALLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!! I love them grey! Wowza!

Katy said...

Love the classy look!

-Katy
www.hooklineandinker.com

Lea L. said...

This is so pretty! I love all the layers of paper, and the twine & swirls are such great accents to it! Thanks for playing at CPS this week!

Cynthia said...

This is lovely, Cat. The B&W looks great with the muted colors. I REALLY need to give this technique a try.

Congrats on your CPS win this week!

Shirley said...

How lovely! Your whole card is just wonderful!

Cathy said...

Hey Cat, Love this stamp colored in greys!!! great. I always love the look of black and white photo look in cards. We are still a lot alike, I keep tellin ya, LOL

Blog Archive