Thursday, October 11, 2012

I Love this time of year!

Hey y'all!! It's finally cooled off here in my neck of woods, yay! Tired of those HIGH electric bills and of SWEAT, haha! But Fall/Autumn is my most favorite time of the year....love the colors, the holidays coming up...AND Halloween! I love decorating for Halloween! I decided to make one of those configuration boxes by Tim Holtz...and I can tell ya, it was so much fun to make! Im going to do a Christmas one too! Not only fun putting together, but in gathering the stuff for it too, loved doing that even. Here are some pic of my box:


I used so much stuff on this, lol! First I painted the whole thing, except the cover, in black acrylic paint. I used Echo Park's designer paper line called Haunted all through it, inside and the outside of the cover. I then used some of the Tim Holtz tape on the edges and then slapped on some of his crackle paint in Peeled Paint color. Also distressed the edges with sandpaper and inks. I also used some free images that I found online to make the little trick or treat bags and the bottle cap lids. I used Gina K Design stamps also, Perfect Pennants and Wicked stamp sets. I used some Tim Holtz stamps too, the ticket ones. I made the headstone, RIP one, out of air dry clay and painted it. Lots of miniatures throughout. And even used some STICKERS! (shocked I know!) Miniature bottles and game pieces and mini door knocker were purchased from Sky Blue Pink, what a fun store for stuff like that, and good prices too! Here are some close-ups:


This is a close up of the upper left corner...the little door knocker I think is so neat!


This is one of the skeletons playing the violin. There are 3 total in this, two in the main box and one on top of a smaller piece which you will see in just a second.


This shows all 3 pieces. I will set this up with the two small ones on each side of the bigger box.


Close up of the smaller boxes. The one with the stamped tree silhouette has one of those flickering battery operated lights in it. I cut a hole in the back of this piece so you could turn it off and on and replace if needed.


The hole in the back which you cannot see when its facing front and the little flickering light on.

I had a close up of one of the section, the one I call my tribute to Harry Potter, but for some reason, blogger wont upload it...and I have no clue why! Its even smaller than some of the other pics I have uploaded...same .jpg and everything....who knows..you get what you pay for, lol!

Ok, hope you enjoyed seeing as much as I enjoyed doing this box! Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderfully creative day!
blog sig, yellow legal pad
Stamps used: Perfect Pennants, Spooky Silhouettes, Wicked all from Gina K Designs. Ticket stamps by Tim Holtz purchased from Michaels.
Papers: Gina K Designs cardstocks, Echo Park's Haunted line of DP
Accessories: Too many to name! If you have any questions, just ask me! But most purchased from Hobby Lobby, Michaels, and Sky Blue Pink

6 comments:

Brenda said...

Cat this is AWESOME!!!! I love all of the wonderful little details and overall design. You out did yourself. I look forward to seeing what you do with the Christmas one.

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

This is amazing, Cat! You sure took your time and it truly shows! I hope I get back into the spirit of Halloween once grandbabies start coming.

Scrapacat said...

I wrote a comment yesterday, and apparently, it got gobbled up! I love this project, Cat. So many yummy details - I could look at it for a long, long time. I have a box waiting for me to decorate, and you have given me some fabulous ideas! Thanks!

miatagal said...

Cat,

Fantastic creations; you do amazing work! Love the box with the tree and flickering light!

Colleen said...

Cat,
This is one for the winners circle! I just love how you pull these together. I can't wait to see the Christmas one. For me I'm still working on my ACT Frames I have one and most of another done. It's harder to do the boys ones. I'm going to Sky Blue to see if I can find more stuff there. Thanks so much for sharing your talent with us. :)

redwasher1 said...

WOW!! I'm speechless!! What a wonderful and perfect piece of ART!!

Blog Archive