Monday, June 20, 2016

All that glitters is not Gold!

Hey y'all!!  Cat here, and thought I'd post more to the ole blog for awhile, like I used to,  instead of just at GKD release time!  Hope I dont bore ya too much!  :D

Wellll, I couldnt resist the craze right now, Foiling!  I did for the longest and then I would get card requests asking for some gold or silver or some kind of shininess on it and so I caved!  And about the same time I decided to look more into the machines for it, I also heard someone say the Anna Griffin Minc machine was 50% off on HSN AND on 2 Flex pays...I could not resist!  Plus it came with all kinds of fun stuff too.  And, short story is, I am having a blast with it!  Mucho fun!

And THEN Gina K comes out with...did you see them yet?  Color Me Cards and Color me Panels!!  They are sooo fun to color and to top it off, they can be foiled too!  Here is one of the panels I did:

I did a bit of spotlighting!  and the butterfly is also die cut and foiled...the whole thing , the coloring area is foiled and then also the oval frame is foiled!  It's sooo very hard to get a good picture of its shininess!

I tried to here though.  The butterfly is in pink foil too!  the super thin lines you see are some nail art tape i have and decided to try it to kinda from the sentiment.  I colored the images with copics after foiling.  someone said it would ruin the tip, but it did not mine.  I didnt like rub it real hard on the outline parts but I cannot tell a bit of difference! 

And the minc machine does a whole better than a laminator, which is what I was using.  But I dont regret buying the Minc!  :D

Ok, that's all for now.  I think we might have a blog hop coming up soon, just for some of Claire's sets that we didnt showcase before, but thats not written in stone!  haha!

Have a wonderfully crafty week y'all!!

--cat


5 comments:

Judy Woodland said...

Absolutely stunning. So incredible that you can foil that beautiful image.....love your coloring too. Just really, really pretty!!!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Really pretty card! I like the way you used the card, and spotlighting technique. I love the look of foiling, but I don't drag my laminator out often. Thanks for sharing!

Verna Angerhofer said...

This is so gorgeous...great coloring.

kittykat3308 said...

Your creation with the foil is gorgeous.

Kathleen

Diana said...

Beautiful card! I am obsessed with foiling and purchased the cards and panels. Do you recommend foiling first, then color? I want to use my SN pencils?

Blog Archive