Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Gina K. Designs May Release Inspiration Blog Hop - Day 3!!

Hey Y'all!  Glad you stopped by on our last day of this release hop!

Welcome to our last day for this release of inspiration blog hops!  I hope you have enjoyed and that you might feel a tad inspired!  :D  And again, Be sure to leave comments on all the blogs because we will be drawing for 3 $25 gift certificates, one for each day!  More comments you leave the better your chances of winning!  And you can check back in the Big News Forum on StamptV to see if you won or not on Friday!

Up today is the brand spanking new StampTV kit!!




I  soooo love these kits!!  They are always packed full of images for every taste...to color, or solids to use all kinda of techniques on!  I have several to show you for today! 


 For this card I used Yupo paper on it.  Back when I first used Yupo, I discovered by accident that if you stamped on the paper, after adding alcohol inks, it would 'lift off' the color and leave like a ghost image.  That is what I have done on this card with some of the greenery from the kit.  I cut the circle area out with a die and then layered a lighter shade of green with the sentiment heat embossed on it.  I kept it pretty simple.  I added the stick pin of hearts for a little special touch.  I combine my love of jewelry making with card making when I can, lol!  This next card used the same technique, with the yupo paper.  I then turned around and did the 2nd generation stamping in the 'ghost' area it left.  THEN cut it up in strips before gluing to the cardstock layer.


And I have one last card.  I did some hand stitching on this one...trying to use up some sequins too!  LOL!  I bought a gazillion back when they were hot so need to use them up! (or wait a few years and they will make a come back, ha!)  BUT, I wanted to show you dont have to be an expert color - er , you can just stamp the images in ink, use same colors in cardstocks and in my case, stitching to make the flowers pop out! 


Ok, ready for more eye candy?   You should have hopped from the totally rocking 

 Arjita Singh's Blog!


So your next stop will be the totally awesome 





Thanks sooo much for the wonderful comments and inspiring words that have been left!  I appreciate it so very much!  YOU truly make it fun!
~cat

76 comments:

Debbie Rumpza said...

So pretty! I love the texture on the last card.

PeggyL said...

Love your cards. Thanks for the inspiration!

Leanne said...

Lovely!!

cjgusloff57 said...

Great cards Cathy! Like the flower stamps and dies!

Sheri Gilson said...

Beautiful cards, Cat! Love them all!

jenconrad2000 said...

So pretty! Love them all!

El said...

Beautiful cards!!!Love the backgrounds. Thanks for the inspiration.

wannabcre8tive said...

Gorgeous cards. I especially like the one with the blue and purple background.

Paper-Ink-Cards said...

Great cards! I really like the Daisy card. I am going to try your Yupo technique, I think it's great!

Unknown said...

Your cards are interesting as I had never heard of yupo paper. Unique!

Dee Earnshaw said...

your cards are just gorgeous - love the background colors:)

Cindy Holmes said...

Oh my gosh your cards are so amazing! They are so unique and fun!

Lisa K said...

Lovely cards! I have never used Yupo paper. You are making it look easy to use. Love the stitching you added.

Unknown said...

Very pretty, thanks for sharing

Connie said...

These are all great. Thanks for the inspiration!

--Curation by Disha said...

Beautiful cards..all 3 are pretty!!

Julia Pena said...

I love how colorful your designs are! You really did a beautiful job with these stamps!! SO PRETTY!

Treva Grett said...

All are beautiful but card #2 is my fav.

cma21317 said...

BEautiful!! Great ideas. supplies what goes around comes around right :-)

Mary Kay Werry said...

Very pretty cards - loving the green 2 tone one.

amymwz said...

Wow. What great techniques on all three of your cards. You taught me lots today. I like how your stitching was the most on thebcard and you just used the same colors for the flowers but didn't color them in. Love that.

Arlene said...

Your cards are gorgeous Cat. TFS the ghosting technique when using Yupo paper.

Amy M said...

Love the purple with black flowers...never thought I would like black flowers but...

Johanna said...

Gorgeous leaf card - love how the colours change.

GAZ said...

Your cards are really pretty and I love the colors you used. Thanks for sharing! GlendaJ

Sue Wareham said...

The purple/blue one is my favorite I will have to try this, thanks for sharing that technique

Rema DeLeeuw said...

Beautiful Cat! That second one is fabulous and my favorite!

Colorado Crafter said...

Great cards!!! Wonderful new kit!!!

Sandy said...

They are all pretty but for me the purple & blue is my favorite.

Unknown said...

Beautiful cards....I love the colours and textures.

Sharon "Sassy" Butler said...

Love your cards especially the middle one with the vibrant colors.

Verna Angerhofer said...

Wow! All of these are gorgeous! Some day I hope I can get the sets too.

Sandy M said...

I love learning something new and your beautiful cards did just that. Love the way you used up some of your sequins too.

KT said...

What great cards. The ghosting is very clever. I especially like the second card where you cut the design into strips. The sequins, oh my what a lot of work.

Robin said...

Love the Yupo paper. I have some and forgot why I bought it but now I can try this. Maybe a little tutorial would be nice.

Deb said...

so pretty! Unfortunately I don't have alcohol inks...but do LOVE the look you got!

Mary Holshouser said...

Love the ghosting on the first card.
I have to get some of the Yupo. I've
never tried it but see it used a lot.
I imagine everybody has a lot of sequins
laying around. I know I do. Thanks
for an idea for using some of them.
txmlhl(at)yahoo(dot)com

Sharon said...

Great cards! Especially like the first one.

Retta said...

I'm just discovering alcohol inks and yupo paper, so I will have to give this a try. Your results are gorgeous!!!!

Sherry said...

beautiful cards!!

Cyndi said...

I love the bold colors you used. Beautiful cards.

Unknown said...

Love your cards, looking forward to my stamps arriving in a couple days!!

Sharon said...

Oh my gosh, you completely rocked these!

Dawn S. said...

These are all so pretty! I love the last one with the stitching.

Terri (blindstamper) said...

Well I am definitely going to try the ghosting on yupo paper...love your results!

Gayle said...

Great variety of cards.

Charlsie said...

oh love how you did the leaf background Thank you

debraben said...

So many great ideas! Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

Very vibrant and fun cards!

Rebsin said...

Love your cards. Thanks for sharing your talent

creative lady said...

Beautiful colorful cards Cat! Love them all.

Janelle H. said...

Great cards! I especially like the colors and how they pop from the page on your Thank You card!

DGolly said...

Nice cards. Thanks for sharing.

Judy Inukai said...

Super cards. I love the stitched one.

Miesje Flach said...

Oh how I love these -

Dana M said...

Fantastic cards and amazing Yupo paper backgrounds. What kind of ink lifted the alcohol, dye? Gorgeous and fabulously textured stitched card.

MaggieM said...

Love that you shared a new technique! Amazing job!

Susan White said...

Beautiful cards Cat! I love this kit so much

Effie said...

Your cards are inspiring!

Mary Anne Wirth said...

I liked the one with the purples and the black gingham ribbon in contrast. The stitched card is clever also. Probably too much work for me, but yours is beautiful.

Sue D said...

Fabulous cards. my fave is the one in the middle.

Cindy said...

I think my favorite for the day of your cards is the middle one. Love the colors and the way you have it laid out. Thank you for showing of this wonderful kit release.

Joy Meadows said...

Love this kit and your cards are so pretty!

Golda said...

These are all fabulous. The second one, with those beautiful colors is probably my favorite of them.

Janice Woll said...

Just got some yupo paper to try the"ghosting", technique. Yours are beautiful love the green and the way you did the second card.

Booknplays said...

I didn’t realize sequins we’re out of style. I just got some. Oh well I must say I love you cards the stitching line is so unique.

Clemmie said...

Absolutely wonderful.

Nana Griffin said...

Grerat ideas.

Bonnie said...

Love each of your cards!

Nina S said...

Beautiful cards..so colorful!

Billie Sue Woolley said...

Thanks for the technique of stamping onto alcohol ink. I really like the die cut "window" for the sentiment.

jandbspiegel said...

What a nice bunch of card - thank you so much for sharing your "yupo" paper delights!

Daylene said...

Love your examples of another beautiful set! Thank you!

Brubakers said...

Love this set!

Sharon Dolan said...

I’ve just used yupo paper a couple of times, will have to try the ghosting. I love that effect on your first card.

Connie said...

Beautiful cards. This is a great set.

Blog Archive