Monday, September 23, 2019

Just a little inspiration....

Hey Y'all!!  Glad you stopped by!  I got a few cards I want to share with you from this past Gina K. Designs September release! 

Up first I have one with the new Happy Fall set:
and here is my card:
I did a CAS card, which are really hard for me, lol.  I always think I  need to just add one more thing, ha!  I stamped the leaves on the card base with versamark ink and then the banner and little leaves also in matching color and cut them out and glued them in this matter to look like falling leaves, or tried, LOL!  I used little jewelry jump rings as my hangers for my banner and then just slipped the cord chord through and tired a bow, tada! done! 

Next one I am sharing is from the ;Majestic Peony set:
and my card:
For this card I used water colors.  I did not spend much time on the flowers, I just wanted basically to keep it kinda soft and feminine.  I actually love how the background came out, but you dont have much of it to see, lol!  I then decided to make a shaped cards with some old dies I have had forever.  Shaped cards a fun!  :D  The sentiment is stamped onto a piece of vellum and I used the Connect glue to glue it to the card, just little dots here and there and it holds fantastic!

and next two cards are from that awesome Autumn Splendor Card Kit, that sadly for the ones that did not get at release time, is now sold out!  So sorry!  BUT you can console yourself with the thought that the stamp sets will be sold when the next kit comes out, not as a kit, but separately. Even the awesome stencil will be available separately! 
And here are my cards:

The first card with the kraft card stock just uses the stencil and then a sentiment from the set.  I SO love our stencil collection we now have with Gina K. Designs!  And new on this one is that the name of the stencil is in raised embossed like letters on the edge of the stencil and it has like a little beviled edge that makes the stenciled edges even more sharp and clear!  LOVE it!    The flower I made and stuck on is a simple one to make.  one of those you just free hand cut in a circle then roll up!  :D

The next card is the fun Crayon Resist technique!  If you have never tried the crayon resist technique Gina has a fun video on it here:  Gina K. 's Crayon Resist Video.  And that is basically how I did this card.  Then I cut the dies and layered them to give them more dimension.  I distressed the edges a bit to go along with my distressed looking crayon resist there, haha!  But I kep tthis card pretty plain and flat for easy mailing!  :D 

ok, that's all for today!   I hope is some small way (or big) that I have inspired you!  I truly believe that we all have a creative soul...you just have to find that one thing that inspires it!  See ya later gator!

~justcat

2 comments:

Joanne Hoffmann said...

Absolutely awesome release!! Gorgeous cards and am loving the inspiration and creativity!!

Jan said...

I REALLY LOVE THIS CRAYON RESIST TECHNIQUE. I PLAN ON TRYING IT TIDAY.

Blog Archive