Friday, March 16, 2012

ATC Tuesdays, #4! Yes, on a Friday! :D

Hey ya'll!! I wanted to get this post up, since I had missed the last two Tuesday's getting ready for the Gina K Release and then our DT hops we had...soooo, doing it on this wonderful Friday! It's so beautiful right now here in Texas! The Jonquils are blooming everywhere! And the annual Jonquil Festival is this weekend In Old Washington, AR!! I love going to this little town for this...although Ive missed the last couple of years, hope to this time around!



Ok, now for my ATC! This one is a pretty simple one!



I am in love the washi and decorative tape! So decided to use this on my ATC, I just randomly stuck some on.



After laying the tape down, I used a background stamp and distress ink and just stamped all over.



Sponged the edges with distress ink.


Stamped and cut out this oval shape. This oval and the background stamps I used are from some Martha Stewart stamps I got on clearance for like around 3 bucks at Michael's! Love finding clearances like that...I think there were regularly 15 bucks! :D



In this picture, I am gathering up the stuff I am going to use putting it all together....I decided not to use the 'home' ticket because I couldnt find a good spot for it without covering up the decorative tape, which I wanted it to show! I also tore a box up and used the corrugated part and tore it to fit my ATC and sponged it also. The little metal flower is from a pair of earrings that I purchased from the 'Just a Dollar' jewelry store we have in Texarkana...my daughter loves this store! AND, I love it too, but I pick things out that I can use with my crafts! It's only a dollar so its ok to break it and use like this! LOL! I mean, I spend more on stuff specifically made to embellish my card than that! LOTS more! Next week's ATC will use another dollar jewelry item too!



Tada!! I used the tiny attacher (Tim Holtz mini stapler) to attach some things and tied a piece of twine around the clip I used to attach the dangling flower....see, really easy one this time!

Ok, that's all today! I'd love to see if you decide to play along with me in making an ATC! And if you do this week, try using an old piece of jewelry on it! :D Thanks so much for stopping by and hope you have a very creative day!
blogsig
ATC Details:
Stamps: Martha Stewart and sentiment is from Wild at Heart from Gina K Designs
Papers: Gina K cardstocks
Accessories: decorative tape from 7gypsies, distress ink and sponge, tiny attacher, tim holtz clip thingy, twine, piece of corrugated box, nail head stickers.

6 comments:

Jennie said...

LOVE this Cat! So many uber cool elements on this and yep...need to try the decorative tape. Your "tim holtz clip thingy" tripped me out!! :)

Crystal said...

WOW this is FANTASTIC Cat, LOVE LOVE the hardware you added, absolutely beautiful!!! Fabby tutorial too girl!!!

Laurie West said...

Great card! Love the different textures.

Colleen said...

Cat,
This is really a great one I hope I can get mine done and I do have some jewelry to put on it!

Vicki Dutcher said...

These are so fun! Love the layered bg -- WOW job~

Lagene said...

FANTASTIC! Love the layered washi & the super cool flower charm, gotta love dollar stores!

Blog Archive