Wednesday, March 28, 2012

ATC Tuesdays, #6!! Yes, I know it's Wednesday! :D

Hey ya'll!! Well, yesterday just got away from me for posting my ATC Tuesday thingy...I had forgotten I hadnt even edited the photos and that takes me forever, especially when I couldnt find where I had saved them, lol! Anyways, gettin' it done today! (And, gonna toot my horn just a bit....I got two of my cards accepted into CardMaker magazine! WOOHOO!! I am so excited! It feels like the first time, becuase years ago, I didnt get one sent in to PaperCrafts that I had accepted, :( , and these both use my beloved Gina K Design stamps! :D ok, all done tooting that horn...lol.)

I am loving this air drying clay to work with and put onto cards! When it drys, its super light weight...sorta feels like the foam board stuff.


For this ATC, I stamped a leave from Melanie Muencher's A Year of Leaves into the clay.


This picture is after the stamped clay had dried for about 2 hours...I trimmed it down some.


I let the stamped clay dry for about 3 more hours and then took it and the versamark ink and dabbed it on the leaf. Not too hard though, you want the lines to still show after embossing...and I used some gold embossing powder on it. And sometimes, you might see a bubble come up from the clay, but mine went right back down.


Close up of the gold embossed leave.


Stamped and tore the sentiment.


In this picture, I have my elements that I am going to put together, and I have sponged the edges of all of it. The tag you see was a premade tag that I got at Michael's in their dollar bins! It even has matching papers, 8x8 size. They were not a dollar though, they were 2 bucks, still a bargain!


Attached a Clock piece from Tim Holtz Ideology line.



Here I have tied some seam binding ribbon through the eyelet of the tag, attached the gold leave and a bauble to the ribbon with a jump ring.


TaDA!! All done with the sentiment! And here is a picture of my tray, how its looking with all of them:


Looking kinda cool, huh? I am loving it! :D

Ok, that's all from me for today! Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving the wonderful comments that you do, makes my day!
blogsig
ATC Details:
Stamps: A Year Of Leaves by Melanie Muenchinger from Gina K Designs
Papers: Gina K cardstock and tag by Michael's stores
Accessories: air drying clay, versamark, gold embossing powders, jumpring, seam binding ribbon, distress inks, sponger tool and sponge, scor-tape, clock parts and bauble.

9 comments:

Melanie said...

Wowza!! This is fantastic! Look at all these gorgeous tags!

Scrapacat said...

Oh very nice, Cat! I love all the details, and I may have to try some clay soon. You make it look so beautiful! Your tray is coming together nicely, too.
~ky

Tenia Nelson said...

Awesome creations and congrats on the publications!! Yahoo!!!!

Madeleen said...

WOW Cat, I love how you made the leaf and embossed it! Will have to try that some time! Those cards are sooooo cool! Thanks for sharing!

Colleen said...

Cat,
I'm catching up! I finally was able to finish my jewelry(to my satisfaction)one yesterday and hope to finish the rest by the weekend and get them posted.
You have way more supplies and ideas than I do LOL. I love all the ribbon on this one.

Beckyface said...

Wow this came out great, love it. Thanks for the ideas on the air drying clay. Looks like a cool element to work with.

Colleen said...

Cat,
I'm caught up to you now look at this post :)
http://creativepaperroom.blogspot.com/2012/04/its-act-time.html

Shirley said...

Now that is art! and so pretty too!

lakergirl said...

Beautiful project Cat! Do you have to go over this or will it be a wall piece~ would love to make one of these! Kim

Blog Archive