Tuesday, March 20, 2012

ATC Tuesdays, #5!!

Hey ya'll!! Well, I meant to have this post up before this afternoon, but my daughter and grandson came down last night and well, you know how that goes, lol! But he's napping right now in this rainy sleeping weather so I decided to come get 'er done! :D

I decided to play with some acrylic paints this time around.



This is an ATC acrylic precut piece that you can find at Hobby Lobby back in the canvas and art pads section. It's really sturdy too, a plus when painting on it! Here I have gotten out the paints and am fixing to start playing.



The way I painted and played this time...I used a dry brush and brushed some paint on, then squirted with my mini mister. I then took a baby wipe and smeared my paint around.


Here I have flicked on some green to represent grass...and again, misted with the mister and dabbed with a baby wipe.


Added some ground the same way. After this far, I dried this with the heat gun some. It was pretty dry after I got done.


Here I added a puffy white cloud, did not mist or dab this though.


Another $1 jewelry store find, a feather earring! I just pulled the J-hook off...it comes off very easily...it IS a dollar store earring afterall, lol!


Stamped the sentiment and then sponged the edges.


Attached the feather with scor-tape.


Attached the ticket, that I have sponged and tore the edge of, with the tiny attacher to the ATC.


TaDa!! I decided to tie a little bit of twine to it on the bottom too. This was a fun one to do! I almost covered up all my playing with the paint though didnt I? LOL!

Ok, that's all for today! We have a Gina K Design team hop tomorrow so hope you will come back and see me then! We are gonna make you stop and smell the roses...or flowers! :D!
blogsig
ATC Details:
Stamps: Visual Artisty by Tim Holtz from Stampers Anonymous
Papers: Acrylic ATC from HL
Accessories: Acrylic paints, mini mister, paintbrush, baby wipes, feather earring, scor-tape, twine, sponge, distress inks, ticket stub.

7 comments:

Scrapacat said...

So pretty! I love the little bit of twine - perfection!
~ky

Colleen said...

Cat,
I love this one! Had a bit of a problem with my jewelry one so I had to start over I will get it up over the weekend and maybe try my hand at one like this.

Donna Baker said...

wow that is AMAZING looking! so fab with the feather

Tina said...

WOW!!! That is FAB, Cat! Great job!

Lagene said...

OHHhh Cat, this is AWESOME!

wanda said...

Amazing card..so much detail. think for the first time I am going to send out Spring Cards... thanks for the inspiration!

Elaine said...

Wow, I love how you painted the ATC with the paint! It turned out fabulous!

Blog Archive