Sunday, February 15, 2009

How about a quickie?

Welll, I just found the new CAS Challenges at SCS today. And I really loved doing this card, took all of maybe 20 minutes to do it! LOL! It was an inspiration challenge this week. The inspiration came from Joann's flannel fabrics and this is the one I used:

Coffee cups

And this is my card:



As you can see, not much to it at all but I really love how it turned out! I used my one and only stamp set I have from Flourishes, Coffee With Friends, which I just love. That big ole cup just screams paper piecing to me! And Flourishes had some gorgeous new releases that I sure have been eyeballing...lol. (remembers stamp budget...)haha or trying to...lol.

Well, that's all for today. Next week will be UNITY ALLLL WEEK!! I will be showcasing lots of my favorite Unity Stamps cause I am participating in the 'Growing In Unity' that a bunch of us Unity addicts signed up to do awhile back and next week is my turn...so be sure and check back for a card a day with Unity! That is why the cards where a bit scarce since Wednesday. I have them all done, just waiting to go up on the days they are suppose to post. I don't know if I will have grandson this upcoming week and wanted to get them done just in case, lol!

Personal stuffs ahead...so if you want to move on, I will understand!

I also want to ask a favor....Please say a prayer for my daughter...she is 25 yrs old and is in an abusive relationship, plain and simple...I do not understand it, I cannot comprehend someone staying with someone like that. I personally have called the police and they arrested him before even....I ask for prayer because I keep hoping and praying myself that she will wise up one day and realize what a toxic relationship this is and that he is NOT going to change...it's been almost 3 years now and he hasnt...I cannot make her realize what this does to my grandson, her child....she will say 'he hasnt ever touched him'...and I say OH YES he is, maybe not physically, but mentally he HAS!! UG!!! I cannot tell you how frustrated I am and dealing with this for so long...I have cried many a tear and hesitated even telling anybody about it because it really is embarrassing....I raised my daughter smarter than this...she was not raised in an abusive home....I just cannot grasp WHY she stays with him....ok...sorry for all that...I just believe strongly in the power of prayer and wanted to ask that favor...Thanks so much if you read all this!!

Have a wonderful rest of this Sunday!
--CAT
Card Details:
Stamps: Coffee With Friends from Flourishes and Polka Dot Basics from PTI
Paper: SU! cardstock, dp from a pack by Basics I think it's called
Ink: Fresh Snow from PTI, memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: ribbon, pop dots

7 comments:

StampinCathy said...

I just love the card. It's so simple and clean looking. Can't wait to see all your UNITY MOJO next week. Sorry to hear about your DD situation. I will keep her and her family in my thoughts and prayers.

Unknown said...

I love your coffee card!!! I've never made a card in 20 minutes in my LIFE! It takes me that long just to choose the paper! LOL!

So sorry to hear about your daughter's situation. I know it's painful for you. I will definitely keep you all in my prayers. {{{HUGS!}}}

Patti J said...

LOVE the coffee card! You are so talented!

My DD left an abusive relationship a couple of years ago. My prayers are with you. Hopefully, your DD will 'have enough' before it is too late. Sometimes abuse comes in many forms that do not include physical.

Will be praying for you.

Theresa Momber said...

Beautiful CAS card, Cat! I love that set, too.

So sorry to hear about the situation with your daughter. I will send positive thoughts and prayers her way.

Anonymous said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I pray she will come to realize she can not change him...and that love does not hurt another person. Some how when a person gets into this type of relationship...they think they can
1. change that person
2. they are the cause
3. they don't see a way out without further abuse.

All you can do is love and support her, let her know she will always have a place to come home to.

God knows our prayers...I always fall back on this scripture.
Jeremiah 29
Letter to the captive...God gives us the message of hope, grace and knowing he is there for us throught all of lifes trials.

Keep the faith!

mudmaven said...

Cat - hugs and prayers going out to you and your dd. There is great power in prayer and maybe this will help! Love your card - hang in there! ~chris

Jennie said...

Lovely card! I love coffee themed stamp sets and this one is so elegant. The sentiment is so true too!

I will be praying for your daughter....such a tough situation. I will pray for a hedge of protection about both your daughter and grandson as well as that she would see clearly how unhealthy this situation is for her and her son and will leave him.... I know it breaks your heart and pray for strength for you as well.

Blog Archive