Thursday, July 16, 2009

Crayon resist card

I had to try my hand at a technique that Gina K showcased on StampTV a couple of weeks back, crayon resist. Here is my card:



I really love this technique, its like magic when the image appears, too cool! I am not happy with my card though. Love how the image turned out, but after putting it all together, from somewhere came some stray ink and I got a smudge on it, so that is the reason for the ribbon across the image panel, lol! Made me so mad! I did not want to ditch the whole thing though! But it has kinda grew on me now, lol! Ever have a card do that to you? GROW on you? I have another card that I will post tomorrow that has done that to me too, lol!

I still have not got my Janome Sew-Mini sewing machine out of the box yet, how bad is that?!! I am determined though that this weekend I am going to do that and watch the videos at StampTV so I will know how to thread the darn thing even. Should be fun! ha!

Well, like I posted over there on twitter, the electric company here said something about us having rolling blackouts in the area, not because of high usage, you know, blowing a transformer or something, its something THEY are initializing...I have no clue how it is suppose to HELP or what or how long one will last. I turn the air off for like 5 minutes and I'm sweating, lol! 105 degrees today....COME ON FALL!!

Ok, hope you all have a wonderful Thursday! Just think tomorrow is FRIDAY! lol!
Thanks for stopping by!
blogsig
Card Details:
Stamps: Friendships Garden by Asela Hopkins from Gina K Designs
papers: SU!
Accessories: white crayon, glossy cs, sponges, SU! inks, ribbon, button, scallop edge punch, paper piercing tool and pad, pop dots, brads, tag nestie.

6 comments:

mudmaven said...

Oh Cat - you make me laugh! I have had my mini out of the box for over a year - and still haven't used it! I love that ribbon/button treatment on this card, no matter how it came about - it's lovely! Hang in there in the heat - dh finally fixed our swamp cooler and now I have to dig out the sweatshirt - LOL! ~chris

Crystal said...

WOW Cat absolutely beautiful card with this technique!! I just have to try this...thanks for the inspiration and sharing this GORGEOUS card!

Patti J. said...

Cat, this is beautiful! I would have just thought you MEANT to put that ribbon across the top! Next time, shhhh....no one will know! Great job!

AKiteFlier said...

GOOOOOOrgeous Cat - love it - I love how we can cover up smudges when we need to - great card!

Jennie said...

This is so pretty Cat!!! You covered your smudge perfectly and created a wonderful card with great placement of the ribbon :o)))

Lori said...

Hope you were able to cool down yesterday, hope it's over now. Pretty card, love that technique too. Happy Sewing!

Blog Archive