Saturday, October 10, 2009

A sketch challenge card.

Well, I hadnt played with the 2 Sketches 4 You girls in awhile so decided to try out their challenge this week. And then after doing the card I was not going to post it because I am unsure whether I strayed a bit much or not, LOL! BUT here it is:




What's that?? You say you seeing machine sewing??? Why YES you do, rofl! This is my first card sewing with my new little Janome Mini, and I do think i am going to like using it! It is so light weight and easy to move around and with limited space like I have, it's perfect! Anyways, for this card, I sewed on a piece of material I have had since last Christmas and then I stamped the bird from the new StampTV Kit onto a piece of linen that I usually use for counted cross stitch. I used vivid ink too, and just let it dry and it didnt smear at all. I also ran it through my sticker xyron thing and mounted it onto cardstock to give it some weight to it, then cut it out with nesties. There's those gorgeous nestie fancy tags that Mel sent me again too, LOVING those so much AND that ribbon, the sheer is from Gina K Designs too, the velvet ribbon I found in a box I uncovered with all kinds of forgotten goodies in it. Stuff to use on cards AND lots of my counted cross stitch kits too! I still fiddle with that on occasion, just been awhile! I still think this card needs something, like under where the pin is, I know most of the cards in these challenges at 2Sketches usually have all kinds of embellies on them, which is hard for me to do..soo... for the life of me...dont know what to put there....a swirly something maybe? hmmmm...oh well...the challenge is closed tonight at midnight so just gonna leave this for now! LOL!

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend! It has turned very cool here, only got up to 56 degrees so far today! I havent turned the heat on YET...but do have a burner on the stove on, lol! Thanks so much for stopping by!
blogsig
Card Details
Stamps: StampTV Kit Holiday Cheer from Gina K Designs
Papers: All from Gina K
Accessories: Velvet ribbon, white sheer ribbon from Gina K, lace, hat pin, Janome Sew Mini Machine, pop dots, oval nesties, fancy tag nesties.

p.s. Stay tuned tomorrow, it's gonna be Ugly Card Day, UCD for short!! LOL! I have decided to do it on occasion...have what I will be calling UCD on my blog!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your beautiful card..and how you stamped on the linen...
Your stitching is fab!!Your sure gonna love your machine..:)

NinaB said...

Oh, Cat, this is so beautiful. Isn't stitching addicting? I just started a few weeks ago when Gina had it featured on StampTV and now almost every card I make has it. I still have to learn to sew on curves, though.

Crystal said...

Cat this is soooo beautiful, love the fabric on your card just beautiful!!!!!

Laura Davis said...

Oh wow this is beautiful! Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!
Laura

Tenia Nelson said...

Gorgeous card!!!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

How did I miss this card? I just love the fabric patch!

Lori said...

Superb! The cloth & sewing are super, as is the layout.

Blog Archive