Sunday, September 28, 2008

More Autumn goodness!

Yes, I love the Fall! I wish the leaves would hurry up and start changing around here though! Everything still pretty green, except for the grass, lol.

This stamp is another from The Rubber Cafe. It's called Pumpkin and Corn (scroll down a bit on the Rubber Cafe site and you will see the stamp.) This was alot of fun to color, with all the leaves at the bottom, I just went a little crazy with the colors! LOL! I also made this for the Featured Stamper today on SCS. Here is the card I cased:

Terry's Card.

And here is mine:

Isn't that ribbon gorgeous?! I got it on clearance at Hobby Lobby, one side is green and the other orange with the red edge, and sparkles too. Got 30 feet of it! LOL! So you might be seeing it on a couple of other cards at least before the fall is over!

Ok, thats all of the stamping goodness I got today, if you dont want to read update with DH's stuff...head on out to another awesome stampers blog! There are soo many out there, got a few on my sidebar there too, lol! Thanks for stopping by and hope you are having a wonderful Sunday!



Well, we are having to fight the city for his vacation time he has coming. He had a total of 186 hours in annual leave that states in the policy book they are to pay him. Why they said they were paying him for 40 hours only is a mystery to me. We went to the Texas Employment Commision, and spoke to a rep there, they said that yes, since it was stated in the policy book they were to pay him, then they HAVE to...also that they had 6 business days to pay him since they didnt let him work out his notice. SOOOoo we got a complaint form to file. They suggested we call and try to work it out with them, so we called the mayor and told him what had been said by the TEC, blah blah....he said give him a couple of days he would check into it and he would get back with us. That was Thursday and we havent heard anything yet. I will give them until Tuesday, which will be the 6th day, and if no pay by then, and the right amount, we will submit the complaint against them, and might put it in the paper also. I have an article in the works, lol.
It's quite a bit of chunk of change there.....would mean lots of STAMPS!! haha! NOOoo, well, some, but we could sure pay off a few things...being as how it will be nearly a month before he gets his first paycheck from the other place....yuk....

Ok, thats all for now! I think we might go on a picnic today, it's so beautiful outside, hard to sit inside!

--CAT

p.s. I have decided I want a sewing machine. I want to be able to sew on cards. I so wanted to sew around the edge of the dp on this card, but was to lazy to do by hand today, lol. Anyways, any recommendations? I loved the one Gina K showcased on her blog here a few months ago, the mini sewing machine ... Janome? or something like that...too bad I couldnt have won it that time....lmao

Card Details:
Stamps: Pumpkin and Corn from The Rubber Cafe
Papers: SU! cardstock, K&Company DP
Accessories: koh-i-noor pencils and OMS, ticker corner punch, scallop photo punch, gold rhinestones, ribbon

11 comments:

Jennie said...

Beautiful card, your coloring is awesome. I love the ribbon too!

Also, congrats on the Gina K. In the Spotlight designer, you deserve it! As well as the Rubber Cafe spot...what a great week and a half you had!
Will be praying that your husband's former employer will pay him (such an aggravating situation).
Have a great day!

Jennie said...

Beautiful card, your coloring is awesome. I love the ribbon too!

Also, congrats on the Gina K. In the Spotlight designer, you deserve it! As well as the Rubber Cafe spot...what a great week and a half you had!
Will be praying that your husband's former employer will pay him (such an aggravating situation).
Have a great day!

Donna Baker said...

what a fantastic card! your coloring, wow! oh, I forgot to say on the previous post I LOVE your painted fence posts, wow!! I will pray your DH gets what he has earned & deserves! keep fighting if you have to, don't give up! looking forward to seeing your release stuff!!!

Lee said...

Looooooooooooooove the card!!!! And OH MY is that ribbon super FABulous!!!!! Good for you fighting for dh's hard-earned money!!! I definitely would use the Press if you can!!! Big Hugs!!!! You workin' away on release items??!! LOL I know you are!!!! Can't wait to see your awesome creations!!!

Unknown said...

Beautiful card, Cat! I love those fall colors. I can't wait to see what you've been working on with GinaK's new stamps!

I'm sorry about the fight with your husband's old job... I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers that it will end soon - with your husband's well deserved money in your pockets!

Joanne said...

Great card! Yes, the ribbon is really pretty but it's your amazing coloring that makes this card really "shine"! Great job...

Janine said...

What a beautiful card Cat!! Love that image!

Linsey R said...

oH Cat, this is splendid! I adore this image, your coloring,the dp and that fabulous ribbon! Wow, 30 yrds, huh...better start using up that good stuff! I'm sorry for the trouble with your DH's job--why do they have to put people thru all that crap?! It just makes me steam! I will say a little prayer for them to do the right thing before you're forced into more drastic measures...you don't deserve that headache, gosh! Also, I TOTALLY want a sewing machine too! I wish we lived near each other, then maybe we could go in on halves and share it! Wouldn't that be great! I've wanted one so bad for some time now, but I just can't afford the investment right now. Hey, maybe if we're both realll good for the rest of the year, Santa will bring us what we want, hehe! :) hugs, buddy

Carolyn King said...

this is gorgeous from the coloring to the ribbon tie! love it!!

Annapurna said...

Ooh... love the colors and that ribbon is scrumptious. I am loving the new Rupa's set already.

Kim said...

Absolutely gorgeous card!! So pretty!

Blog Archive