Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Just a little doo-dad I made...


I made this little charm using Melanie's Little Tees from Gina K Designs. I used Shrinky Dink and the charm is attached to my purse by those cell phone charm thingy's, lol, I dont know what you call them exactly. But I thought this would be a neat idea to make and send to all of your friends and ones you love, even your enemies for that matter, because cancer is a horrible thing....and nobody deserves to suffer from it, not even my worst enemy (which I dont have one, but you get my point, lol). This could be a reminder for all your girlfriends to get regular breast exams. If they have this hanging around, would remind them that someone cares deeply about them so take care of themselves!

I myself have had several family members die of cancer, 2 grandparents and the hardest, my Mom. She was one that should have been having regular exams, because by the time they found the cancer, it had spread to her bones, and they only gave her 3 months to live. Soooo, its so worth preventive care with cancer...

Ok, didnt mean to bring anybody down, but wanted to share my thoughts a bit and my little doodad I made. Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

8 comments:

Melanie said...

awesoem!!(I'd say more but we're running out the door!!) :)

Donna Baker said...

this is so cute, Cat! love it...and thanks for sharing what you feel so strongly about. {hugs}

Lee said...

I love the charm!! I totally understand how you feel, cancer is an enemy and I love how you are able to express yourself! Hugs!!

Melanie said...

sorry I didb't get a chance to read your post earlier, just saw the cahrm, I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. hugs

mudmaven said...

What a great way to remember and help others to remember too! That stamp set is so versatile and you sure have put it to a good use! None of us are untouched by this terrible disease, so sorry about your mom and your grandparents. ~chris

Annapurna said...

Lovely idea. You should sell this idea to your gynecologist. You know how they send reminders every year, if they send this charm along, won't that be neat?

I am with you sister. My mom passed away, same reason. Feel like I lost a best friend. YKWIM?

Pamela Smerker said...

This is so awesome! I totally understand how you feel and have lost a lot of family to cancer. This is a great way to show your support, may have to make some of these and pass them around in October.

Bee's Zen Garden said...

Love this little charm, such a great idea.

Blog Archive