Sunday, December 28, 2008

Yay! A card finally!

Wheew! Am I the only one that is glad things are sorta winding down now? Dont get me wrong, I love Christmas, the holiday spirit, the TRUE meaning, but come Dec. 23 or around that...I find myself grumbling at drivers on the road too, lol! Anyways, hope you and your families had a wonderful Christmas!

I made this card for a challenge in the Gina K forum at SCS...'Off-Kilter' challenge...you were to have at least one piece of paper on an angle. I almost covered mine up, lol!



I used Mel's set 'Have a Cookie'. Not her newest release but my first time to get to play with it.. awesome set! Has so many little sayings to go with it and fantastic images to color. Look for more from this set! There is a lot of dimension on this card, you cant really tell it from the picture though.

I had another card made but it kinda got destroyed...grandson REALLY liked it! So having to redo that one. Ive been sick lately...started off as a cold, now got a horrible cough and I do believe it might be bronchitis again. I have had that enough to know how I feel with it, lol. But I'm trying to fight it...I always feel like if I lay down and give into it, I'll get worse, haha! I know, not true, but I still been forcing myself to stay up when all I want to do is take naps all day long...bleh...If I'm not better in the next few days, I am going to go to doc. Get some antibotics.

Ok, thats about it for now. Hope to have another card soon!
-CAT
Card Details
Stamps: Have a Cookie from Gina K Designs
Papers: SU! cardstock
Accessories: oval nesties, beads, hat pin, pop dots, copic markers, brads, scallop edge punch, CB embossing folder swiss dots

6 comments:

mudmaven said...

This is so cute. Great job with the challenge! ~chris

Theresa Momber said...

Cat, I know how you feel. This was quite a hectic Christmas. I hope you feel better soon. I had a cold that lasted forever and made me so tired. I finally broke down and went to the doctor. Antibiotics did the trick. I can't seem to shake things like when I was younger. You take care of yourself.

I am loving this card. Saw it in the gallery earlier. Absolutely gorgeous!

Hugs, Theresa

Lee said...

Oooooo..........this is just deeeeelicious!!! I'm lovin' that pin!!!! Now you get plenty of ret and take care of yourself!! Bronchitis is just so nasty and hangs on!! HUGS to you my friend!!

Donna Baker said...

what a FUN card! love it. you NEED to REST, that's how the body will recuperate, and if you DON'T then it lingers longer! REST please!!

Shirley said...

A really cute design, Cat! How adorable! I love the stick pin too!....and take care of Cat!

Anonymous said...

Hi, Cat! I wanted to pop in and pay you a visit. Sorry to hear you're not feeling well. I sure have come across a lot of folks who were sick over Christmas. I think it just wears us out! Cute card! I love the sweet colors and your embellishments. Sure hope you're feeling better soon!

Blog Archive