Friday, July 18, 2008

Wild Thang...


You make my heart sang...lalala..are you all singing that song now? LOL! I did the whole time making this card, lasted all day in my head, dont you hate that when that happens...and I dont know all the lyrics, makes it even worse!

This card I made following a sketch for the DT call at 2 Sketches For You. Laura and Kazan both have a sketch for you to do, have to do 2 cards, this is one of mine. I thought Mel's lions werent getting enough love so inked them up. Then I googled lions to get a true sense of their colors, thats where the white around the mouth, paws, and belly a bit and the black in his mane and on tail come from. I actually like this card, which is strange for me to like a card of mine, I usually found so many things wrong with my cards that I arent real crazy about them in the end, lol.

And by the way, the sentiment part 'wild thing'...I double stamped it on purpose..make it look more WILD..rofl. (or to make you think your eyes playing tricks on you one...you decide! haha)

Card Details:
Stamps: Cuddles and Hugs by Melanie Muenchinger from Gina K Designs
Papers: DP is from Basic Grey, white card stock is from PTI, black is generic from walmart I think...
Accessories: Chalk ink, koh-i-noor pencils, copic markers, eyelets, red hemp twine, scallop circle nesties, paper piercing tool

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to look!

7 comments:

Curt in Indy said...

Hey there! This card is adorable! Love the layout! Best, Curt

mudmaven said...

I love this card! Thanks for your encouraging comments on my blog. I posted your wonderful gift on mine this morning. ~chris

Janine said...

Very sweet Cat!!

Donna Baker said...

LOL - this is awesome! I hope you get picked for the design team, your stuff rocks!

Lee said...

Oh I LOVE it!!! And that's what I did with my flamingos (well, one card of them anyway!)......I googled to get the "real" colors right!!!! These lions are amazing!!! And I love the way you stamped the WILD to look a little wild!!! I just inked up these two out of this set and am working on a card! Aren't Mel's critters just too cute??!! Oh.........btw.........your cards on Mel's blogs are sooooooooooooooooooo AWESOME!!!!

Linsey R said...

I'm just wild about this card, Cat! It's absolutely darling! You are just so darn creative, girl! TFS your wonderful work and your sparkling personality! Hugs!

Melanie said...

this is terrific!!!

Blog Archive