Thursday, October 16, 2008

Glitter Challenge

Well, if you are a regular visitor to my blog, you know that I havent used much glitter. Not that I dont like it, just havent really been inclined to USE it, lol! But Michelle, who owns Stampers Dream Store, posted a challenge on her BLOG so I thought I would give it a go!

I used these cute House Mouse stamps that I recently picked up at Hobby Lobby on clearance. They were originally about 20 bucks and I got them for 7.19! Cant pass up a bargain like that! LOL! I think they are really cute images and actually really easy to color to me. I had lots of fun doing the glitter too. I went all around the white on the house, the roof even, lol! Here's a close up if it's not showing too good in the card picture:

I also still feel like the card needs something, and the green ribbon looks kinda lost sticking out there or something, lol! I painted the white brads to look like candy with sharpie markers, thought that looked pretty cool!

Ok, thats all for now! Working on a few other cards...hoping my mojo has come back to stay! LOL! Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful Thursday!
--CAT
Card Details:
Stamps: House Mouse purchased at HL
Papers: SU! cardstock
Accessories: koh-i-noor pencils and OMS, ribbons, brads from HL, glitter and glue by MS, circle nesties, JustRite DIY monogram stamper curlz font from Stampers Dream (I won that!), pop dots.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

That is so darned cute! Great job on your coloring, and I LOVE the way you painted the brads to look like candy canes. And you also got to use your JustRite! :-)

Thanks for in the Stamper's Dream challenge, Cat!

Lee said...

Oh Cat you know I LOVE, LOVE, LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE the glitz!!!! LOL Truly......House Mousies are just the cutest and this image is so darling!!! Way to go on the glitter.......see????? Isn't it addictive??? LOL

Unknown said...

Lost your mojo... yeah, right! I love your card - glitter was definitely needed for this adorable image! My kids and I LOVE House Mouse stamps - but they intimdate me a little though, to be honest.

Your coloring is amazing and that row of mints along the bottom of the candy house... well, it's just perfect!!

Theresa Momber said...

Holy Moly, it looks like you got your mojo back! I skipped ahead looking to see where you got those fabulous brads. LOL. I may have to steal that idea. Absolute gorgeousness!!!

Jaspere said...

Love the coloring and details.

Tiffany's Epiphanies said...

I love this card!!!

Blog Archive