Friday, October 17, 2008

Oh Deer!

Well, I am not really happy with this card, but gonna post it anyways! I used Asela's new set from Gina K Designs and I was trying to make the deer look like logs, I actually used to have one of these deers made out of logs like this, till something chewed on one of it's legs after we put it outside. We lived close to a creek and DH says it was probably a beaver. Well, we cut the legs off to match, it had chewed on one of them...then it chewed on it again and it just looked too funny with really short legs after us trying to fix it again, rofl. So we trashed the thing. Anyways, here's my card:



I wanted them to look like they were meeting under the trees so used the little sprig stamp that comes in the set to do that, some are heat embossed. I made the little 'poinsettia' flowers (SUPPOSE to look like them, lol) by using the silkeen flowers from Gina K also, love that you can color on those! I layered them 3 times and stuck a brad in the middle after coloring them is all. I like how they turned out and that is what made me post the card! LOL!

Hope you have a wonderful weekend and Thanks for stopping by!
--CAT
Card Details:
Stamps: Christmas Blessing by Asela Hopkins from Gina K Designs
Papers: SU! carstock, DP is some old stuff I had I think I bought at HL
Accessories: ribbon, silkeen flowers both from Gina K Designs, rectangle nesties, SU! ink, clear embossing powder, brads, gold leaf pen, koh-i-noor pencils with OMS, white gel pen, copic marker.

9 comments:

mudmaven said...

I love it! That plaid paper is wonderful and they look so cute under the branches like that! ~chris

Theresa Momber said...

Great idea with the wood grain! It really does make them look like logs. I love the way you used the foliage stamp. Great festive card. I love it!

Jennie said...

I think the deer look great! I am glad you posted this card :o) I also like the way you did the sprig stamp, it frames the image nicely! I love this stamp set and am hoping to buy it soon....
Have a great weekend!

Lee said...

I think it's soooooo cute!! I love the log look and like they're meeting under the boughs!!!

Janine said...

What an absolutely adorable card CAT!!!!

Unknown said...

Super cute! You are just too, too creative! How DO you do it? :-)

Nancy Jensen said...

I really like this card. Very nice!

Sylvia said...

Hey, I like the card. When our grandkids were young we had a white deer (made from birch).

Shirley said...

I am so glad I 'follow' you or I might have missed this. These dear deer are too cute for words and I love what you did with the decorative poinsettias too!

Blog Archive