Tuesday, October 28, 2008

More Unity!

Welll, the elusive scissors still havent came back, so just went and bought another pair, lol. They probably show up now,haha!

I got some more UNITY goodness today! These are some cards I have done for challenges and thought I'd post them here too. I waited to try to get better pictures of them than what I had posted on SCS, and these pics still arent very good. I dont know what is up with my camera, or if its the trees and shadows outside causing all the problems, but this is the best I could get today after about a billion tries, lol. Ok, on to the cards!

I think every morning is beautiful myself! Love hearing the birds sing and the sounds of everything waking up! I made this card combing 2 challenges, SHARON'S, stamp simply challenge (Make it Flat!) and LS191 challenge to have a leaf on your card and use the color pink. I also used a technique that JESSICA showed of brayering over your embossed glossy paper with different colored inks.


I made this for the FS90 challenge, SpeedyStamper! What was hard, was choosing which card to do! LOL! Wonderful gallery! This is the card I chose to CASE:

SpeedyStamper's card

And I did add a bit more and changed one of the colors and of course a few other things, lol. But what a fun layout this was!




I made this for IC151, loved doing these bright colors! And I was going for a Shabby Chic look, something I have never done, so dont know if I accomplished that or not, lol! Here is the bedding I was inspired by:
JCPENNY bedding

WElll, thats about it for now,lol! Again, I apologize for the crappy photos. (hopefully the cards werent TOO crappy themselves, lol!) Have a wonderful Tuesday!
--CAT

CARD DETAILS
Card #1:
Stamps: Oh what a beautiful morning and Trifle Sentiments from Unity Stamp Company
Paper: Glossy white and River Rock from SU!, pink is from PTI
Ink: River Rock and Pretty in Pink
Accessories: CB leafy branch folder, swirly clip, ribbon, brayer, circle nesties, clear embossing powder, scor-pal, sponge
Card #2:
Stamps: Unity Stamp Co, JustRite, Inque Boutique
Paper: SU!, PTI cardstock
Ink: PTI, memento tuxedo black
Accessories: circle nesties, brads, white gel pen, ribbon (PTI), $1 flower punch, corner rounder, MS edge punch, pop dots
Card #3:
Stamps: Unity Stamp Co
Paper: SU! cardstock
Ink: memento tuxedo black
Accessories: koh-i-nor pencils and OMS, buttons, twine, lace, brads, oval nesties, pop dots, fiskars edge punch, distressor

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Gosh no, the cards WERE NOT crappy! LOL! I love the Be Happy card in the middle. The colors really speak to me!

Now were ARE those darned scissors of yours? LOL!

mudmaven said...

These are gorgeous! Very, very nice! I don't think the photos are bad at all - with such great subject matter how could they be. ~chris

Theresa Momber said...

These are gorgeous, Cat! I love that bright shabby chic creation. Great job with those colors. I think you have enabled me into purchasing one of those leaf CB folders. Heehee.

Amy said...

I love what you did with these! The colors are awesome!

Janine said...

Great cards Cat!!! And did you find the thief with your scissors???

Jennie said...

These cards are beautiful. I especially love what you did with the Oh, What a Beautiful Morning card...I love the CB background on that one! The colors are fantastic!

Unknown said...

You've been busy!! Great cards - love all the special touches you always add to your cards. You have such a good eye for design, Cat!

Sorry about the scissors... and yep, now that you bought new ones I'm sure the old ones will show up soon! That's just the way it goes!

Donna Baker said...

wow! looks like your MOJO is in high gear!!! I love them all!

Lee said...

My goodness Cat!!!!! You're just going to town with the awesomeness factor!!!! Gorgeous!!!!

Shirley said...

Boy, have I been missing out! I love this card! Those color and the buttons and bows you chose for accents are wonderful! Love the lace too!

Shirley said...

Sorry about that. I am working my way forward so I don't miss anything. LOL I almost missed the 2 cards you posted before the last one. The card with the red is just so pretty. I really like how you used the MS punch and the brads and white pen really really make it pop. Your pink card is just as lovely with the pink and green embossed background and the great butterfly and clip! Beautiful.

Blog Archive