Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Unity Challenge Wednesday!

This week's challenge was given by Jess. We were to make a 'non A-2 card' ...well I went to the extreme, didnt make a card at all, lol! I did two quick projects:

These cute little halloween treat bags, which I followed the tutorial HERE...super easy and quick to make...I only need to make about 20 more now,lol! We have a big ole party and its on the 25th this year, so trying to get them all done and have plenty for the kids there. I did minimum coloring so they would be quick. I did use my spica glitter pens to add a bit of sparkle here and there.


And also this coaster calendar. I'm sure most have seen these too. I'm thinking of putting one in each gift I give out this year, just a little something extra. I made mine to attach to the fridge, added a magnet on the back.

Dont forget to see all of the awesome creations by my fellow Unity Addicts too! Got some linked over on the side bar there!

Ok, thats all for now! Thanks for stopping by and I have a couple more things I have to upload and post too...I did spend the day at daughter, and night, her puter is sooo slow though...drives me crazy trying to post a comment to a blog on it, lol!


Creative Details:
Treat bags:
Stamps used: Little Monsters from Unity Stamp Co.
Papers: SU! cardstock
Accessories: corner rounder punch, ribbon, koh-i-noor pencils, spica glitter pen

Calendar:
Stamps: Birds of a Feather from Unity Stamp Co.
Papers: SU! cardstock, dp from PTI
Accessories: 4" square chipboard coaster, preprinted mini calendar, ribbon, heart brad, koh-i-noor pencils, scallop photo corner punch

22 comments:

Unknown said...

so cute!!! Love those treat bags!!

Anonymous said...

Those treat bags are too stinkin' cute!

Lisa H. said...

both of your projects are adorable! I love the little bags-how fun!

Jacqueline said...

Oh wow wonderful treat bags! Love the calendar!!

Jessy said...

Cat- great projects. Love the treatbags and the calendar. Amazing work! :)

Michelle (aka mybelle101) said...

These are SO FABULOUS, Cat!! Those treat bags are adorable, and the calendar is sooooooooooo elegant!

Latisha said...

Both projects are A for awesome!!

Unknown said...

Those treat bags are way too cute! And I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that calendar. So elegant and pretty!

Gretchen said...

Oh great projects and thanks for the link for the treat bags!

Lee said...

SAAAAA-WEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!! The bags are adorable and that little calendar is soooo sweet!! I've been wanting to make one of those!!! You're the inspiration for me to actually try it!! I'm hoping to get my very first Unity order this week so I can play!!!

Karen~ said...

I love the calendar! These would make great little extra gifts. I am a teacher so I am always looking for little extras for the ladies I work with. Do you mind if I ask where you found the calendar itself? I'm assuming you printed it and how did you attach it to the chipboard? Thanks so much!!

Karen~

Lisa Hetrick said...

Awesome creation for the challenge. I JUST LOVE that BAT! Lisa :)

Tiff said...

Awwww...I want one! A purse and a coaster calendar! They are both fab!

Betty: Reflections with Coffee said...

cute cute cute purse bags!

Theresa Momber said...

Cat, these are fantastic! I love the little treat bags. Sooooo cute.

Carolyn King said...

ohhh..love those little monster treat bags and that calendar idea is wonderful too! You go girl!

Sparkplug17 said...

Your halloween projects are just adorable!

Lori said...

I love the treat bags--just adorable!

Donna Baker said...

cute treat bags & love your calendar!

Kelli C. said...

I especially love the calendar! Make sure you make one for me! :)

Shirley said...

A very pretty calendar Cat!

Shirley said...

Oooops I forgot those TorT bags! They are just so spooky cute!

Blog Archive